D

Dr Kain

They do what now?

There is a manga series called Usagi Drop, about a guy that adopts his grandfather's baby daughter when he abruptly dies. At the end of the series, the girl marries the man who adopted her. It is creepy as freaking hell.

Then you have Angel Sanctuary, where the siblings are in love with each other because they are really two female angels who were in love with each other, and the brother of the main angel is in love with her as well.

Next up is Cardcaptor Sakura, which has Sakura's older brother having a crush on her.

There is a manga series called Usagi Drop, about a guy that adopts his grandfather's baby daughter when he abruptly dies. At the end of the series, the girl marries the man who adopted her. It is creepy as freaking hell.

Then you have Angel Sanctuary, where the siblings are in love with each other because they are really two female angels who were in love with each other, and the brother of the main angel is in love with her as well.

Next up is Cardcaptor Sakura, which has Sakura's older brother having a crush on her.
Rei, the secondary Makai Knight in the Garo franchise. His backstory heavily features a relationship with a woman called Shizuka. She was an orphan under the care of Rei's adopted father, and while I don't think it specifically stated that he had also adopted her, it really comes across that Rei's basically an item with a woman who's legally his sibling. I know that's not an actual blood relation, but it was close enough to squick me out and I'd love to see them try and find a registry office that would agree to marry them.

Back in Black
The common trope is a cute young girl telling her father/older brother that when she grows up she'll marry the guy.

That is weird. Where do they get those ideas? It's not like it's a natural thing in all cultures, so it must come from somewhere within the culture.

His grandfather's baby daughter? That makes her his aunt. :sick:

I don't think that I understand the Angel Sanctuary part. Is it like Black Blood Brothers with Jiro's "brother" actually being the incarnation of his "mother" and girlfriend? Well, Black Blood Brothers isn't as weird as that looks. The "mother" is the first of the line who converts someone into a vampire and that also becomes his "brother" because they are of the same bloodline. There's nothing weird between the two after she dies and she becomes a male.

Cardcaptor Sakura was dubbed for kids in the United States, right?

The new Tendou Souji
CCS was dubbed however... the dub removed, among other things, almost (if not all) the romance angles in it. It's not worth checking out, at all.

No Fear, No Pain.
But Sakura was adorable, and one of my first outings in the Magic Girl genre. A genre for which I now search for in respects to hard ass girls beating up monster like they owe them money. I should really watch Cutey Honey.

Anyway another example is the anime "I can't believe my little sister can be this cute." It pretty much turns the normal situation around with the younger sister, Kirino, being a massive siscon while secretly wanting to be with her older brother. Now to hide spoilers!

The games give you tons of other female options, but the main story line has them ending up together and producing alternate color palette versions of themeselves who go through the same thing. I didn't finish the series...but I did buy two of the figmas. How could such a cute series be...well...that?

*sigh* Anytime I hear Onii-Chan in an anime I feel like any second something will happen that I am going to regret...speaking of which Fate/Stay Night even had a nasty bit of incest in it. I mean really nasty. I mean makes you want to kill somebody nasty. Though the fate series has produced a worse moment then even that one. How can something so good make me want to punch myself in the face so much!?