It's a moderately common practice in Japan for a young girl to refer to a father or brother as "husband" in Japanese. It's supposedly indicative of wanting to marry a person very similar to their male family members, but not meant to indicate such a relationship TO the family members themselves.

It's one of those cultural things. But obviously people take it a certain way. The amount of fiction and manga artwork depicting incestuous sister/brother relationships is just overwhelming at times.

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
It's supposedly indicative of wanting to marry a person very similar to their male family members, but not meant to indicate such a relationship TO the family members themselves.
And it's not limited to just girls wanting to marry guys similar to their fathers...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrVzq2u90ig"]Barbershop Style- I Want A Girl - YouTube[/ame]

Back in Black
It's a moderately common practice in Japan for a young girl to refer to a father or brother as "husband" in Japanese. It's supposedly indicative of wanting to marry a person very similar to their male family members, but not meant to indicate such a relationship TO the family members themselves.

It's one of those cultural things. But obviously people take it a certain way. The amount of fiction and manga artwork depicting incestuous sister/brother relationships is just overwhelming at times.

That is so freaking weird.

Do they say that they would like to marry someone like their father, or do they straight out say call their fathers and brothers "husband"?

No Fear, No Pain.

Do they say that they would like to marry someone like their father, or do they straight out say call their fathers and brothers "husband"?

Depends on the manga-ka...:redface2: Still weirder things. So much weirder. Incest is tame compaired to some of the things I have seen. :nooo:

Back in Black
That last comment was just Glamador's comment. I wasn't asking about what happens in the sick manga. I was asking about the general idea of referring to a family member as a "husband".

No Fear, No Pain.
Japan shin...the two go hand in hand.

The ideals of a culture can often be found in their art work and literature. True there will always be extremes, but it doesn't change the fact that you can often find out as much about a culture from what they produce en masse as you can by talking to them directly. Or at least that is how it registers in my mind. Remember though that I am a weird ass guy who often looks to a culture's history, legends, and lore to better understand their mentality and how they developed into their current state.

I'm not saying they are all incestous, but like my own European ancestors, incest existed in their history and may still echo in their culture today.

Last edited:
The new Tendou Souji
The amount of fiction and manga artwork depicting incestuous sister/brother relationships is just overwhelming at times.

[hide]
N8nRA.png[/hide]

The common trope is a cute young girl telling her father/older brother that when she grows up she'll marry the guy.