Also called CentaurusRhinos
I just finished watching Ep 31 of Go-Busters, and it has a scene where Youko and Shelly go into a restaurant and order a bunch of desserts. The scene has these takes where they focus on the two of them just eating and enjoying their food, something that I've noticed happens a lot in toku and anime. It's not like they are eating anything phallic, so is there some sort of fetish for watching people eat stuff? What's it called? Why is it so prevalent in Japanese culture that it shows up in an children's show?

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I kind of thought it was to do with the whole idea that liking sweets is "moe" and attractive, which is why it's such a common trait among female characters in toku and anime (sometimes used as fanservice for male characters, too.)

There also seems to be a thing in anime whereby young people are portrayed as continually hungry, always snacking, with huge appetites

Last edited:
I liked him when he wasn't a god
I...didn't realize eating was so cute and sexy. :redface2:

^ Well, liking sugar/sweets is very common among anime/toku characters who are supposed to be cute. Similarly, if they want to show that a guy is manly or a girl is a tomboy, that character can make a point of refusing to eat sweets.

Japan seems to be more focused on food as a society than we are in the west, why do you think there are so many cooking shows on Japanese TV? Or celebrities go on those shows where they talk about food and take about five minutes to eat a couple of bites of something and go "OISHIIIIIIIIIIIIIII~!" really loudly

Heroes are forever
It's not only women. I'm having some awful Kamen Rider Kabuto flashbacks right now.

Back in Black
Japan seems to be more focused on food as a society than we are in the west, why do you think there are so many cooking shows on Japanese TV? Or celebrities go on those shows where they talk about food and take about five minutes to eat a couple of bites of something and go "OISHIIIIIIIIIIIIIII~!" really loudly

Yes, and they like to eat fat from the meat more than the meat itself.

"So how is the meat?"

"The fat is so juicy! The fat melts in your mouth!"

I...didn't realize eating was so cute and sexy. :redface2:
banana-sexy.jpg