Why hasn't Toei adapted Kamen Rider Eve?

Is the Kamen Rider Eve (Masked Rider Gaia) manga still ongoing? Why hasn't Toei jumped on this to adapt to a TV show, movie, or some other special? If they don't want to have a show directly connect to the original (though Toei seems open to the idea of connecting shows with Decade, OOO and Fourze), they could adapt the basic premise of a hibernating cyborg awakening with amnesia and finding out what happened to him. Actually, a Gaia adaptation might have been fitting for the 40th anniversary.

It's an illustrated light novel apparently, not a manga. Anyway, according to wikipedia, it's finished.

Making it into a tv show is pretty much impossible. There are only two volumes and they'd need to heavily tweak certain aspects to make it able to carry a merchandising line. I guess they could attempt movies, but then there are its own problems - like the 10 first Showa Riders appearing and three of them being important characters, so they'd need to come up with some solution for the whole casting situation.

I also guess that they'd consider it a waste to make a movie with old Riders without using the main character of the current tv show too. Toei still hasn't shown enough confidence to make a crossover movie only with Showa Riders...

Eve/Gaia also has the oddity of actually being a sequel to the original Ishinomori manga, not the tv show - In spite of that, it features the later Riders up to ZX, who never appeared in the manga. Also, I guess, as far as non-live action material goes, it's overshadowed by Spirits.

Last edited:
Heroes are forever
Two OVAs would be fine, quite frankly I don't see the problem, they could use this as a testing ground to see how much the audience still receives returning Riders and see the availability of certain actors.
Spirits is still ongoing, while an anime adaptation of that would be excellent, I think they should wait until it's over.

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
Two OVAs would be fine, quite frankly I don't see the problem, they could use this as a testing ground to see how much the audience still receives returning Riders and see the availability of certain actors.
Spirits is still ongoing, while an anime adaptation of that would be excellent, I think they should wait until it's over.

Yeah, that would be nice. It worked out well in other anime retelling such as Gatchaman, Zeta Gundam and Kikaider.