Henshin a Go-Go!!
the reason why people complain about nickelback is that they lack substance. many people perceive them as the pinnacle of a band that doesn't legitimately try and actually push themselves. Their songs don't really have a lot of purpose and even when they try and have a "message" it usually comes off as really corny or don't have much thought put into them. Sadly with Rock music being so scarce on the radio these days this is what has to pass for Rock, a bunch of douchebags.

There are also many who view Nickelback as the kinda band you get into when you first really start exploring music on your own and you don't really know anything yet. Later in life you leave them behind for bands of a much stronger caliber and who push themselves as artists (or at least you should.) You discover your Coheed and Cambrias, your Dredgs, your Hives, your Circa Survives, your Silversun Pickups and so on and then look back at how naive you were back in the day and laugh. These people see adult Nickelback fans as never having really left that "not knowing anything about music" stage

PS if you don't know the 5 bands i listed, go check'em out!:castlerock:

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Coheed & Cambria?

What the heck makes Coheed & Cambria any more or less artistic than Nickelback? Their incredibly high pitched singing voices?:redface2:

And what the hell is with you trying to crush everyone's dreams lately, Laze?

Just a heads up, though, I enjoy:
-Nickelback
-12 Stones
-Seether
-Theory of a Deadman
-Three Days Grace
-Foo Fighters
-Paramore
-Three Doors Down
-Rise Against
-Rev Theory
-Hinder
-Daughtry
-Stereoside
-Greenday
-Shinedown
-Evanescence
-Pearl Jam
-Alice in Chains
-Linkin Park
-Staind
-Mayday Parade
-Bon Jovi

So, what does that make me, I wonder? Coheed makes a music video about a zombie attack in the woods, Nickelback makes one about a man committing suicide because his girlfriend died in an accident. Not a lot of difference there.

I understand there are people who just don't like the music, or did once & got tired of it, but, saying that they just aren't artistic when such & such other band that really isn't much better is is a bit of a cop out.

Last edited:
Henshin a Go-Go!!
Coheed & Cambria?

What the heck makes Coheed & Cambria any more or less artistic than Nickelback? Their incredibly high pitched singing voices?:redface2:

No what makes them more artistic/talented is that they constantly improve and try new things in order to grow as a band. Not to mention the whole "albums-acting-as-soundtracks-to-their-graphic-novel-series" thing. Their songs are more complex, the beats more intricate and they take the time to really try and convey something. And you might not like Claudio's voice, his vocal range is great and hes an amazing guitarist.

I must say I'm actually a little shocked at this response. I've never met a single person who knew about both Nickelback and Coheed and would actively pick Nickelback.

And what the hell is with you trying to crush everyone's dreams lately, Laze?

So, what does that make me, I wonder? Coheed makes a music video about a zombie attack in the woods, Nickelback makes one about a man committing suicide because his girlfriend died in an accident. Not a lot of difference there.

I understand there are people who just don't like the music, or did once & got tired of it, but, saying that they just aren't artistic when such & such other band that really isn't much better is is a bit of a cop out.

What dreams am I crushing? I'm just giving an alternative viewpoint to his question. Because out of the people who have contributed to this thread, everyone seems to be okay with nickelback, thusly i thought that someone who didn't like nickelback should contribute.

And the reason still stands that in comparison with bands similar to the ones I listed for instance; Nickelback (to many people) comes off as bland, generic, and not very talented. I see Nickelback as the kinda band that isn't bringing anything unique or interesting to the table either due to laziness or lack of talent. I don't feel that I need to listen to Nickelback when I can find a band that does everything they do but a whole lot better.

Last edited:
Ok, "dream crushing" was kind of awkward wording I suppose.

It's just, first the PR Guest stars thread, then this one. I haven't been exactly certain whether you've been. Lashing out, or just having strong opinions.

Honestly, I'll still say that I think Nickelback does evolve a bit, but it doesn't help that they're approaching middle age & are getting a bit set in their ways. And I don't hate Coheed & Cambria, I was just confused on your reasoning. Thank you for explaining. They aren't any more high pitched than Three Days Grace or a few other bands I listen to.

I've heard a hell of a lot worse arguement, though. One guy preferred Busch over Nickelback & that one really got me. Lol, Nickelback's incredibly bland, but Busch isn't?

Henshin a Go-Go!!
Ok, "dream crushing" was kind of awkward wording I suppose.

It's just, first the PR Guest stars thread, then this one. I haven't been exactly certain whether you've been. Lashing out, or just having strong opinions.

Honestly, I'll still say that I think Nickelback does evolve a bit, but it doesn't help that they're approaching middle age & are getting a bit set in their ways. And I don't hate Coheed & Cambria, I was just confused on your reasoning. Thank you for explaining. They aren't any more high pitched than Three Days Grace or a few other bands I listen to.

I've heard a hell of a lot worse arguement, though. One guy preferred Busch over Nickelback & that one really got me. Lol, Nickelback's incredibly bland, but Busch isn't?

Ahh gotcha, gotcha. And for the record Busch is totally generic. With the PR Guests thing, I just feel as though some of the adult fans still have issues with feeling entitled and it really bothers me. Also the level of anger that guy had before I even got there was ridiculous.

LaZerwolfX, your answer about Nickleback being more of a gateway rock group makes way more sense than any other answer I've seen in this thread so far. Doesn't apply to me because I'm all ready familiar with better musicians and bands, but I never really followed Nickleback's career, so I don't know the first thing about them. :)

Most I've heard from them are the songs "Photograph" and "If Today Was Your Last Day". Those songs were a little family friendly at worst. Heck, I almost mistook Photograph as a country song when I first heard it. But there is WAY worse music and musicians out there. :p

Maybe I am just approaching this from the wrong angle. Did the band or any of its members commit some kind of media faux pas that offended a bunch of people? For example, I don't think Bieber gained any new fans after his Anne Frank comment.

Well, remember me saying that each Nickelback album has it's own tone and theme?

Basically, they were little more than a niche band for their first few albums. It was between their fourth and fifth albums- The Long Road & All the Right Reasons- that they became famous. However, as I said before, the fact that they were choosing pop songs as their singles & the overall pop tone of album five made most people think they were an alternative band.

Then, their sixth album hit with a grating country/ metal tone & theme involving partying and sleeping around. That's what confused people & threw several "fans" off. They also got horrible reviews, citing pointless vulgarity & a grating singing voice. This is about when I began hearing "Nickelback sucks"

I think what solidified it for people is that Nickelback wouldn't take any ****. Douches began going to several of their concerts just to boo them. Chad bitched them out and refused to play at a few.