Thank you for this @Bartz_FFV, nothing like customize her the way we like her best, and dress her adequately for our mood; pretty cool that all those options are available.

To be fair if you don't want Luna to be sexy and fierce and she does have other costume options that also varies in skills.

White Mage Yuna is for people who prefers Sweet and innocent Yuna.
yuna_white-mage.jpg

If you want Yuna to be passable to walk the streets of Afghanistan, There is the Mascot Yuna.
ff10-2-yuna17.jpg

If you want Yuna to be Badass and Manly there is the Dark Knight Yuna.
latest

I love Psychic Yuna, It is not too sexy, Not too wholesome. It is just right.
latest

Now that Yuna in FFX-2 has taken the role of Tidus from FFX, I think they had to spice things up a little bit. She is also a pop star and that comes with additional changes.

That's precisely what makes FF great @Hova, the capacity the devs have to change roles and bring up new aspects in the characters. Spicing things up certainly makes it all more appealing. :)

I found sexualizing of Paine more problematic because she looks manlier than Tidus. :p Lulu could have taken her spot. Maybe I am just not into Tomboys and women with super short hair.

paine-final-fantasy-x-2-20.6.jpg

Lightning is a Tomboy too but at least she have long pinkish hair.

Those characters have that fierce look, so giving them a sexual side makes them more appealing, in my opinion. The more complex they are, the more appealing the game is.

The hot sauna scene is hard to argue with and some good evidence of it but I kind of agree that it is not as cut and dry as it might appear. I guess it is just something that came about but it is not anything that really shocked me to any degree.

Yuna got possessed by Lenne who was a popstar when she was still alive. Popstars don't dress conservatively as it will be a hindrance on their dancing. Skimpy clothes provides each of movement.

I did not find Yuna sexual, but, rather most suitable for taking bath in the hot springs. I am taking about the video. However, even then, Yuna has been playing a wonderful role where she is wearing suitable clothing.

She looks perfect in the short clothes depicting the youthful girl of this time.

nxPcBFn.jpg

yuna_final_fantasy_x_2_by_sydia.jpg

yuna_final_fantasy_x_by_shunya_yamashita_by_raquelmcell-d5m92ps.jpg

Mai

So there are fans who prefers her when she was a priestess who wears a conservative long dress. Well that Yuna is an oppressed Yuna locked on her duties. The X-2 Yuna is the real Yuna, she is free! She is not locked on following rules. She is now being a woman instead of a timid girl.

Fanservice helps with the sales of games. It was an early 2000s game and female protagonists are a hardsell back then. So they sexualized her.