Administrator
Staff member
Square Enix created Final Fantasy X-2 because Final Fantasy 10 became popular and Yuna became more popular than Tidus.

In Final Fantasy X, Yuna is very demure, Maiden like, Virginal and she is prim and proper.

CtJL8wL.jpg
images

2978949.jpg.square-true_maxheight-285_size-285.jpg

In Final Fantasy X-2 she became sensual, seductive and less shy. Her outfits became skimpier and from a summoner and a mage, She became a gunslinger.

images

@Seifer_Leonhart I love your posts a lot. personally i feel they never sexualized Yuna. She just happens to wear more clothing as opposed to wearing one outfit. Yes her outfits are more revealing, but some are not. What do you mean by this term 'sexualized?'

Administrator
Staff member
Sexualized means they make her less wholesome and prim. She is totally sexualized here because many of her attacks here have shots of her boobs and butt.

These scenes are obviously sexualized:

Three women in Bikinis, playing around in a hot spring. Riku comparing the breast sizes with Yuna and Paine.

Yuna went full Miley Cyrus on this one. I wont complain though,

Yes, Luna becomes like a rock star in Final Fantasy 10-2, or a songstres at least-and I suppose she should dress the part as well, if you are performing on that kind of stage though. Also a girl below in this video that looks like Luna singing in cosplay of the scene-while they show the Final Fantasy scene in the background which is interesting !

Administrator
Staff member
Well on the first game, Yuna is a priestess and a summoner so she is forced to live a modest life hence the conservative clothing. After Sin is defeated she got released from her duties and finally have freedom. She saved the world and lost the man she loved because he is just an imagination. Now Sin is gone, no more duties for her.

Administrator
Staff member
Well, yeah. But everything in that game is way over the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sexualizing a character is just the way the game makers have to make it more appealing to the younger audiences, who see such a character as eye friendly lol. The plot goes in that direction too though.

Administrator
Staff member
I like Yuna more when she was this pure maiden. I do know they decided to make her sexier and fiercer here because she is promoted to lead character. Now I am nervous about the Lunafreya DLC in XV.

Sexier and fiercer is just the way to make it more engaging to more players, it's just the way it is. I am pretty sure they survey what people like before making any changes.

Administrator
Staff member
To be fair if you don't want Luna to be sexy and fierce , she does have other costume options that also varies in skills.

White Mage Yuna is for people who prefers Sweet and innocent Yuna.
yuna_white-mage.jpg

If you want Yuna to be passable to walk the streets of Afghanistan, There is the Mascot Yuna.
ff10-2-yuna17.jpg

If you want Yuna to be Badass and Manly there is the Dark Knight Yuna.
latest

I love Psychic Yuna, It is not too sexy, Not too wholesome. It is just right.
latest