Why do men likes to play video game so much?

If you can see , men love adventures , and games can provide the adventure we are looking for , it is also a way of stress relief for us.
That's it some people like adventures, of which men are more in this category. They like to explore, play to see things they could be so incredible. A world that's a blend of fiction and reality thrills many.

I think women have a desire for action and adventure, but it might be less than for men. Not sure if it's more because of culture or genetics. However, though, they're certainly attracted to men who are into action and adventure. In that case, why wouldn't women also like the games men like?:

I think that it's not only the male population as that drive to play games. There are lot of female gamers too, that has proven that they could also be a part and also a good competitor in the gaming world. This very evident if you just know where to search.

I think that it's not only the male population as that drive to play games. There are lot of female gamers too, that has proven that they could also be a part and also a good competitor in the gaming world. This very evident if you just know where to search.

I think the situation is way more complex than some give it credit. Therefore, I don't want to make assumptions.

It is wonders of nature. Females have different interests as compared to us males.Males naturally like playing video games, fighting, driving, playing music, etc, while females like watching love and affection movies, spending the whole in the salon , reading story books, cooking and visiting friends.

Not so sure about the playing music thing, either playing an instrument or mp3 player. :)

In my own explanation and observations. There are lots of men that loves to play video games because games are very appealing to their eyes and they aren't spending a lot of time shopping and using beauty products. It's their great time killer and men are active in many ways, btw I see girls who play video games if you didn't know.

This isn't even necessarily true anymore - women do play more games than men. However, this only applies if we're taking in to account "Mobile gaming" rather than what people usually mean when they're talking about gaming - PC Gaming, consoles etc.
I'd think, for sure, that men would dominate console and PC gaming in terms of hours played simply because it's extremely rare to run into a woman when gaming.

In general, I'd say that men prefer/play more games than women simply because of the things that boys and girls are brought up with and who those games are aimed towards. There's many more "mainstream" console games that are focused toward boys, whereas mobile gaming generally seems pretty gender neutral.

For my own point of view, it is maybe because men are more visual than women. Men like seeing things that women doesn't like. Men are more prone to games because of being easily to be addicted to such things. Another thing is that men are very creative and adventurous, they always want have some fun and exciting moments.

Every male friends that i have met are all addicted to video games. Simply because they are men. Science says men thinking is more on actions. That is why most men are addicted to video games due to they are experiencing thrill and excitement on actions through video games.

It's fun and quite entertaining. Men are also often busy with works and tension and stress built up in the office or at work will be released, so it generally relaxes the mind.

In today's time that is not true. Many women play the video games. And it is indeed a good option. Another thing is that playing video game requires one to be really focused. That's something is not gender dependent.