I just finished X but I haven't played X-2. Tidus died in X-2 because he is only an imagination or a dream and the only reason he existed is Sin.

This Monster is the only reason why he exist and Tidus helped Yuna and friends to kill that whale thing resulting him getting deleted from existing.
sin.jpg

I also heard Tidus, aside from being a dream, he is a clone of Shuyin, the main villain of X-2.

Can someone please explain why Tidus becomes alive again?

Administrator
Staff member
Tidus is just a vision, a dream of a fantasy of Fayt. He doesnt exist in Zanarkand before it's untimely demise. Fayt stopped dreaming because it's purpose is to dream for the destruction of Sin.

When Yuna defeated all the Aeons in X-2, Fayt rewarded her by resurrecting Tidus and making him a real person.

Tidus is just a vision, a dream of a fantasy of Fayt. He doesnt exist in Zanarkand before it's untimely demise. Fayt stopped dreaming because it's purpose is to dream for the destruction of Sin.

Well that is a great explanation and it just immediately reminds of how lost I can get in these stories even if away for just a little bit. There was a point in time when I had it all down but it tends to go in and out these days.