Why did Burai want to kill Geki? And other Zyuranger questions

Black Fang

1) Burai and Geki's father insulted the Yamato king and was forced to give up Geki to him as punishment. Their father swears Burai to avenge him after the king kills him. So then why when Burai revives does Burai try to kill Geki? He was the one their father wanted back.

2) Why does Burai start ranting about wanting to take over the world all of a sudden? Was that just the sword Hellfriede possessing him?

3) I never thought much of it when I saw MMPR, but the first six-member role call and Gouryujin's debut in ep. 22 is rather odd. It plays out more like a advertisement than something that would naturally flow from the episode. Normally the new mecha combo appears in the middle of a battle. Why the sudden change of pace here?

4) Why is so little done with the characters in this show? Unlike most other people I don't mind the "kid of the week" thing Zyuranger has going. (It bodes with the fantasy aspect and "stealing of innocence" the Bandora Gang keeps doing). But why aren't the heroes or villains ever expanded upon? This is my one gripe with the show. Even with Geki and Burai, there's not much going on with them other than they're brothers. Goushi and Mei got some focus, but you can count the total on one hand. The episodes play out less like "let's say something about this hero" and more "today this hero does something".

I'm not asking for gripping drama or lots of ongoing subplots (though something like Dairanger would have been nice considering it's the same writer). Just tell us something. Expand on the ancient civilization the heroes are from. Have them be more nostalgic or homesick. Anything. Gingaman did a better job with this without going to the extent of Jetman or Timeranger. There is no sense of "excitement" with this show like there is for others.

5) Why don't they ever change their clothes to fit in more?? Burai I can understand, but the others?

6) In episode 37, what was Ultimate Daizyujin saying about eternal life in the boys' vision?

7) Why doesn't Gnome appear again after Burai arrives? And what was the idea of his grandson? Was that guy a child for 170 million years? Why not have him be a kid Gnome befriended and told too much to?

8) What was the idea in episode 44 with Goushi and Sayaka? Was that based on some kind of romance story?

9) Did the Shugozyus want Burai to revive to test Geki and deliver to the team Dragon Caesar? Why are they constantly challenging the heroes? What was Clotho's relationship to the Shugozyus?

10) No one seems to wonder at the notion of people from an ancient civilization that coexisted with prehistoric and mythological animals are running around in the present. Why didn't anyone say it was all nonsense and went against accepted science?

11) Why did they set the heroes as being specifically from 170 million years ago anyway? From what the show presented, they could have pulled it off as being an Eden like place before history began, and Bandora and Co. destroyed it. What made them choose 170 instead of 65?

And just an observation: I only noticed now that the joysticks in Daizyujin's cockpit are the Dino Crystals. Speaking of which, why is it that after they appear the heroes then make them from their medals?

Painted_Outlaw

The new Tendou Souji
2) Why does Burai start ranting about wanting to take over the world all of a sudden? Was that just the sword Hellfriede possessing him?

I was wondering this, too. >>

Also, why Gnome and Barza decided blowing the kid, trying to unseal Burai, to smithereens was the best course of action?!

I was wondering this, too. >>

Also, why Gnome and Barza decided blowing the kid, trying to unseal Burai, to smithereens was the best course of action?!

When I first saw Zyuranger, I assumed Burai was a guy with a lot of family issues that messed him up big time. But when his introduction arc ended, not much more was really touched upon it. :sly:

DeluxeRobots

GAMMA TSUNAMI! (╯°□°)╯︵
Honestly watching Burai fight the Zyurangers and constantly bringing up the past made him seem really whiny.

Black Fang

Another question I forgot to add: In episode 32 why did Goushi disguise himself as a back-armored knight and fight Geki? What was he trying to prove?

kibapower

Lurker
Another question I forgot to add: In episode 32 why did Goushi disguise himself as a back-armored knight and fight Geki? What was he trying to prove?
I assumed it was to get Geki his fight back and snapped out of his grief for Burai, the monster promised to be a solution to save him. That way he can overcome the difficulty of seeing him pass on. What did you think it meant?

Forever Knight

Eye See You
The Hellfreide sword slowly turned Burai nuts which is where all of the destroying/taking over the world stuff came from.

Burai wanted to kill Geki because he blamed Geki for the death of their father. Burai witness the murder of his father while child Geki was taken from their tribe and given to the King (?) and that automatically fucked Burai up mentally.

Been a while since I watched Zyuranger and the RRR subs of it so not sure how accurate that is.

Black Fang

I assumed it was to get Geki his fight back and snapped out of his grief for Burai, the monster promised to be a solution to save him. That way he can overcome the difficulty of seeing him pass on. What did you think it meant?

Well I figured it had something to do with wanting to teach Geki something, but I wasn't sure how it was supposed to.

ryuuseipro

1) Burai and Geki's father insulted the Yamato king and was forced to give up Geki to him as punishment. Their father swears Burai to avenge him after the king kills him. So then why when Burai revives does Burai try to kill Geki? He was the one their father wanted back.

Burai would've been too young and not strong enough to try to even get Geki back from the Yamato King, who would've defeated him on the spot. Geki was a lost cause for them at that point. Burai's father knew this the moment he was dying.

Pretty much. As others pointed out, it drove him to madness. And it got out of hand, even for Bandora! (Burai turned even against her and her kingdom!) You could say it was Frankenstein Syndrome; Bandora "created a monster" out of Burai with Hellfriede.

7) Why doesn't Gnome appear again after Burai arrives? And what was the idea of his grandson? Was that guy a child for 170 million years? Why not have him be a kid Gnome befriended and told too much to?

Your guess is as good as mine! Could be a behind-the-scene reason (the actors couldn't make it or something), or maybe the writers didn't think about it. I chalk this one up as Chuck Cunningham Syndrome (where a character suddenly disappears from a series without explanation). As you would figure, a lot of tokusatsu shows have this.

Now on Kickstarter

Latest News

Who's on Discord?

Latest posts