Banned
A repost from the VG, but ehh:

1 - Venjix is a sentient AI, it is not alive, therefore it can't die by old age.
2 - It is likely tapped into the Morphing Grid, like all other human tech in RPM, so it will never run out of power.
3 - Unless the city has a Inexhaustible source of Raw Material (Iron, Steel, Copper etc.), they will eventually run out and be unable to repair the city's psychical defenses or vital systems.
4 - Again, unless they have some bottomless resource of foodstuffs, they will eventually starve.
5 - If they do manage to keep Venjix out, after a few Generations overcrowding will become a serious problem. The city has finite space.
6 - Venjix could easily cut off the city water supply (assuming they get it from the Ocean and desalinize it) by building a huge Dam.

I just don't see how a COLONEL could come up with a obviously flawed long term strategy and get any kind of Armed forces to go along with it......

It's Judgement Time!
I don't think Colonel Truman had much of a choice. Last city on Earth and no army, there's not much else you can do.

Banned
I don't think Colonel Truman had much of a choice. Last city on Earth and no army, there's not much else you can do.

True. But he was fighting with a plan to Outlive something that was not Alive in the first place.

God forbid he should stop fighting a Defensive war and try to end it once and for all.

I think if the war would have keep on going for many years he would have retire and his son would have taken over.

It's Judgement Time!
True. But he was fighting with a plan to Outlive something that was not Alive in the first place.

God forbid he should stop fighting a Defensive war and try to end it once and for all.

He might have been. But with limited resources and no clue on where Vejix' base was, he was stranded. They only had enough men to try to protect the city, not to send them out into the wilderness to die. Truman had no choice but to be in that decision. He had not the ability to fight any war.

S

scikaiju

A repost from the VG, but ehh:

1 - Venjix is a sentient AI, it is not alive, therefore it can't die by old age.
2 - It is likely tapped into the Morphing Grid, like all other human tech in RPM, so it will never run out of power.
3 - Unless the city has a Inexhaustible source of Raw Material (Iron, Steel, Copper etc.), they will eventually run out and be unable to repair the city's psychical defenses or vital systems.
4 - Again, unless they have some bottomless resource of foodstuffs, they will eventually starve.
5 - If they do manage to keep Venjix out, after a few Generations overcrowding will become a serious problem. The city has finite space.
6 - Venjix could easily cut off the city water supply (assuming they get it from the Ocean and desalinize it) by building a huge Dam.

I just don't see how a COLONEL could come up with a obviously flawed long term strategy and get any kind of Armed forces to go along with it......

I know responding to this is probably going to be one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made on this board but here we go.

1. Truman was probably smart enough to make sure there were some scientist among the survivors (such as Dr.K) and had then try and develop a virus that would neutralize or slow Venjrix down enough that more permanent solution could be found.

2. If he was hooked up to the Morphing Grid it would probably be possible for him to affect the rangers in some way, block their morphers in some way or something else. Since the only people who were powered by the grid were the rangers I doubt all human tech was connected to the gid therfore Venjix isn't connected.

3. Recycling, Buildings too damaged for repair can be roken down into raw materials for new one.Not to mention all the damaged robots laying around. And there were apparently underground caverns, that seems where they were keeping their prisoners, so mining operation can also be possible. And more than likely he asked for a few brave volunteers to venture outside every so often to collect raw materiel near the dome.

4. I'm sure than man was smart enough to get a farming and wild stock program up and running as soon as he sealed off the dome.

5. Since the military seemed to be the ones running the city I'm sure they had a population control guidelines in place on the chance the fight did take a few generations. And they could probably expand those tunnel to fit the human population if need be.

6. When the military sealed of the dome they made it look a clear blue sky. Terra venture had a similar projector on their dome so people wouldn't see anything but the blackness of space. Tehy could also make it rain whenever they wanted to on Terra Venture, an more than likely the dome had a similar system set in place. Not to mention any water they found with all the underground stuff.