I keep on wondering why final fantasy I is called so and yet we have up to FFXV. Anyone with reasons why this game is referred to as 'final'?

I keep on wondering why final fantasy I is called so and yet we have up to FFXV. Anyone with reasons why this game is referred to as 'final'?

The game is in series and that is why there are 15 series. I think the game advance as you move from one series to another and also get more experience.

About the name, I will quote one explanation of why it is called final fantasy
Given the genre of the game, one of the F's being fantasy was an easy call. The other F was trickier. Sakaguchi's initial idea was to call it fighting, which would have made the game Fighting Fantasy . Unfortunately there was already a British series of board games with that name. With fighting out of the running, Sakaguchi and his team settled on final .
Sakaguchi addresses the myth with this statement: “To be sure, we had our backs to the wall when we were developing Final Fantasy, but really, anything that started with an F would have been fine for the title.”

I think the word Final was added so as to add more substance to the game title. If it had been named as only Fantasy then the appealing element would have considerably declined.

As far as the numbering is concerned, we all know that Final Fantasy games are a series and any series has to start with number 1 irrespective of where it ends.

Final Fantasy I was just a start of a big era of gaming genre. The word Final does complete justice to the title of the game and makes it more engrossing.

One thing I must admit is that your question was really good and innovative. Only n imaginative mind could think and question so deep.

Actually, final fantasy is the name of this game. The game has many releases from 1 to 15. That is why people use to call it with its name. I think so that it is the biggest reason due to which people call it with its names of updates. If you find any other reason so you should explain it here.

Thank you friends for the helpful feedback. I am now sure that Square Enix is working very hard to produce FFVI. It will be an improvement of FFV.

I think the title name of a game depends on the new updates. Title names are necessary for attracting the players to let them know about the game features. There is no doubt that this title is best of all time.

Possibly the name simply sounds cool. Of course, though, even with the coolness, the name still has a descriptive quality minus the final part of it. Obviously, there is no final anything that I know of - except maybe when you finish the game. However, I could be looking into this too deeply. Any thoughts?

I think from the beginning they already planned that there will be more after the first game they launched. I think the Final word is just to add some spice and to catch attention to the possible gamers. I like the word Fantasy because all of their games are on fantasy based and not on real events.

I think from the beginning they already planned that there will be more after the first game they launched. I think the Final word is just to add some spice and to catch attention to the possible gamers. I like the word Fantasy because all of their games are on fantasy based and not on real events.
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree a bit on this. I don't think that the makers of the game had predecided about launching a complete series. If it had been so, then they would not have added the word Final. It is only after the success of the first that the next editions came up. All they could then do was to add numbers in front of the original game.

Administrator
Staff member

Attachments

• wzbugWk.png
    wzbugWk.png
    399.7 KB · Views: 303