Why Aren't They Doing Robot Anime Anymore?

I remember Mazinger Z, Voltes V, Daimos, Mekanda, Grandizer and Voltron. I wonder why there aren't any new japanese robot cartoons. I think majority of the anime now are stories about people. What was your favorite robot cartoon?

I'm not familiar with most of those titles, except Voltron. I watched some of it when I was younger. My favorite robot related anime was Mobile Suit Gundam Wing. I was addicted to the show, and it was really popular in Canada. The toy figures were really popular too. That was one of the shows where everything just clicked for me: the storyline was interesting and political, the design of the mobile suits was fantastic, and the characters were all interesting. Also, Scott McNeil voiced Duo Maxwell in the English version, and he's my favorite voice actor.

Oh yeah I remember Gundam too! My son used to watch that on TV and he also asked me to buy him some robots when he was a little boy in the early 90's. He watched Gundam and Voltron. He had a diecast metal Voltron to with removable parts. Most of the robots I had mentioned come from thr late 70s to early 80s.