Blade Adept
Fourze

I'd love to have Gentarou as a buddy. He'd be a riot. Imagine bringing him to the pub and seeing what happens to him as he slowly becomes more and more inebriated. He'll be the heart of the party, undoubtedly overshadowing you of course, but it would unlikely be a dull moment with him around. Other than his delightfully sunny outlook to life, his combination of intellectual vapidity and street smarts makes him a very endearing lead character to stick around with for nearly fifty episodes and a few movies. I want a buddy like Gentarou. You can literally stop his heart, and he'll still get back up, forgive you, AND empathise with you.

Blade Adept
No love for Drive XD

I'm not surprised. Ryoma Takeuchi, quite frankly, isn't very charismatic an actor for the role, and Shinnosuke is often outclassed by the very power of Chris Peppler's voice blaring from his crotch area. Neither is he very interesting as a protagonist if his one standout trait (sans his little backstory with his old cop partner) is his need to regularly find enough motivation just to properly do his job.

(My reasoning is quite dependent on people in this thread voting based on the titular character of their respective shows and not on the show itself)

Shinnosuke is the straight man in an otherwise hyperactive show. These are typically the least popular characters in any TV show. He's probably the Rider who I can mostly empathize with, but I'd have to admit that characters with personalities like him don't really stand out nor are supposed to.

Of course, the show still has a long way to go.

Lurker
Shinnosuke is the straight man in an otherwise hyperactive show. These are typically the least popular characters in any TV show. He's probably the Rider who I can mostly empathize with, but I'd have to admit that characters with personalities like him don't really stand out nor are supposed to.

Of course, the show still has a long way to go.

Shinnosuke is the lazy-ass straight man in an otherwise hyperactive show.
Everything about Tomari can be tied to word "lazy". That is why sometimes their gag can't work well.

Everything about Tomari can be tied to word "lazy".

No, not really. He was an elite before the slowdown, and is still a pretty good cop when he needs to. Clearly he has something mental that's preventing him from being motivated. It's not something you can just qualify as being lazy. It's like saying everything about every person in the world afflicted with a mental disorder can be tied to being brain-damaged.

I like Shinnosuke. He's pretty straight-laced but always has a good wisecrack or two when the situation calls for it, especially as Drive, which I can always appreciate in a Superhero. Especially since it's not really prevalent in most Riders. Sure he needs a bit more effort to get going, though understandable considering what he's gone through, but when he does get "in top gear" he does so with gusto and brainpower that always solves the case.

And considering the quirky cast that surrounds him, minus Kiriko for the most part, it's a nice counterpoint to have him be the sane man to most of what goes on around him. And I can always respect someone who believes in justice, will go through thick and thin to see it done, and has a catchphrase :thumbs:.

So yeah, I quite like Shinnosuke. Then again, there's not a Main Rider that I don't :).