Wait, we're calling Neo-Heisei Phase 2 now? When was that a thing? It reminds me of the MCU :sweat:.
The phrase 'Phase 2' has been around as long as 'Neo-Heisei'. The explaination for it that I heard was that after Kiva finished Toei decided (for unknown reasons) to disband the crew that had worked on Kamen Rider since Kuuga started and create a new team to work on Decade, which has worked on the Rider shows ever since. The Japanese fandom apparently refer to shows made by this new production team with a phrase that translates into English as Phase Two Heisei.

Neo-Heisei seems to be a term coined by the English-speaking fanbase and isn't based on any behind-the-scenes reasoning but on a perceived change in the tropes and trends in Rider. I remember that when it first started being used people had to clarify what they thought the first show of this era was, because half the people who used it thought Den-O was the first and the other half thought Double was. The latter seems to have won out but to me it seemed like the fact that it was so debatable shows how weak it is as a term. :sweat: At least phase two is based on a solid change in how the show is made.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
I voted gaim. Not remotely surprising, seeing as almost everyone else did as well.

The phrase 'Phase 2' has been around as long as 'Neo-Heisei'. The explaination for it that I heard was that after Kiva finished Toei decided (for unknown reasons) to disband the crew that had worked on Kamen Rider since Kuuga started and create a new team to work on Decade, which has worked on the Rider shows ever since. The Japanese fandom apparently refer to shows made by this new production team with a phrase that translates into English as Phase Two Heisei.

Neo-Heisei seems to be a term coined by the English-speaking fanbase and isn't based on any behind-the-scenes reasoning but on a perceived change in the tropes and trends in Rider. I remember that when it first started being used people had to clarify what they thought the first show of this era was, because half the people who used it thought Den-O was the first and the other half thought Double was. The latter seems to have won out but to me it seemed like the fact that it was so debatable shows how weak it is as a term. :sweat: At least phase two is based on a solid change in how the show is made.
Wow, can't believe this is the first time I'm seeing it used if it's been the phrase to refer to the post-Kiva shows around the same time Neo-Heisei has. Even before I joined and was just lurking around the forum, Neo-Heisei seemed to be the go-to phrase for referring to the shows from Double onward. But yeah, Phase 2 seems like a more official declaration of a shift in Rider, or the next generation, compared to Neo-Heisei :sweat:.

Wow, can't believe this is the first time I'm seeing it used if it's been the phrase to refer to the post-Kiva shows around the same time Neo-Heisei has. Even before I joined and was just lurking around the forum, Neo-Heisei seemed to be the go-to phrase for referring to the shows from Double onward. But yeah, Phase 2 seems like a more official declaration of a shift in Rider, or the next generation, compared to Neo-Heisei :sweat:.
I must admit I do like 'Phase 2' just because it feels like something rooted in a solid shift in production. Of course, I can't read Japanese so I can't tell if the crew credits list different people or whether the Japanese fans actually use the term. I'm just going by what other people have said and hoping it isn't all getting mixed up like a game of telephone. :sweat: There doesn't seem to be much interaction between the Japanese-speaking and English-speaking fans, so just because a term is used by them it doesn't mean it would get picked up by us. Phase 2 only occasionally gets used so most people will be more familiar with (and use) Neo-Heisei. Either way, it's just fan terminology.

Voted Gentarou. He and the double Riders are the only ones who didn't "sell-out" (as in fell into the pitfalls of their powers), and for Double's case, one of them started out special (Philip), while Gentarou was just an ordinary person with an unconventional outlook. I'd have chosen Eiji second because losing himself wasn't really by choice.

Would like to change his avatar
The explaination for it that I heard was that after Kiva finished Toei decided (for unknown reasons) to disband the crew that had worked on Kamen Rider since Kuuga started and create a new team to work on Decade, which has worked on the Rider shows ever since.

Well, you should smack whoever told you that in the head, because it's not entirely accurate.

Decade itself was done by the usual suspects -- Shirakura, director Ryuta Tasaki, Blade and Kabuto's main writers. I think Shirakura decided to make (what was supposed to be) the big blowout anniversary show his swan song, but a lot of the people who have worked on Rider since Decade have been working on Rider since at least Agito. Directors have pretty much stayed the same. Even when a "new" chief producer enters, they've had some Rider experience -- Tsukada was a sub-producer on Agito, Utsunomiya was a sub-producer on Faiz and Blade. (Heck, I think even Drive's Ohmori had worked on Hibiki and Den-O as an assistant producer...IIRC.)

And then OOO got Takebe, who had done Kiva, and Ryuki/Den-O's Kobayashi to write it. So...it's still a lot of the same people, there was no big agenda to replace staff with new blood, I don't think the term has anything to do with staff. The only main changes are in who they'll often get as head writer, but even then...an anime guy like Riku Sanjou, while making his toku debut with W, wasn't as drastic of a choice as producer Jun Hikasa made by getting Shoji Imai, who only had experience writing dramas, for Blade.

I think the Japanese broke down the way they refer to certain Riders based on when Decade changed the premiere dates; it's from W on that I've seen the "Heisei Part 2" thing used for. W certainly brought a new, cartoony, more Bandai-y style to the franchise that's easier to distinguish from its predecessors. Only Den-O would have fallen easily in line with the Rider shows made since W.

Fourze has been my fave so far. I loved his attitude and I never had a problem with his design.

Well, you should smack whoever told you that in the head, because it's not entirely accurate.
Mass firings never affect the people in charge, just the little guys underneath. I wasn't referring to the recognisable names at the top of the tree. I meant camera operators, boom mic holders, lighting guys, electricians and so on. You know, the people whose names we don't know. As I said in my last post, I can't read the end credits, so maybe they didn't change. Only relating what I heard.
W certainly brought a new, cartoony, more Bandai-y style to the franchise that's easier to distinguish from its predecessors. Only Den-O would have fallen easily in line with the Rider shows made since W.
I'd have to disagree with that. Especially the "Bandai-y" part. The Shu Doran says hi.

The Reaper
Gaim of course. I never like a Kamen Rider series so much. I've been watching Kamen Rider since Ryuki.