Welcome
For me, it's definitely Eiji. Gaim is the best series overall, but it was the combined elements that came from every character and every plot point that made it great. See, the character development in Gaim was basically given to the Kureshima brothers. Kouta, for the majority, wasn't all that interesting. He had those occasional "o shieet dayuum im sad but in 20 minutes i gotta get back to doin stuff" moments, but besides that, he didn't do much. He fought for what he believed in and was naive, but there's not much else to it. Everything Kouta ever got was handed to him by his big sugar daddies DJ Sagara or Mitchy while Eiji had to actually beat Greeeds just to gain their medals. (Although Kouta did have that cool moment stealing Minato's Lock Seed and he did get Cherry Energy through battle). Eiji, on the other hand, shows hidden depths. Being a politician's son, he's been shown to have some of those tricky tactics up his sleeve like acting dumb and just sneaking things around. He also shares those "never give up in what I believe in" ideals with Kouta who basically only had that and did exactly that. Eiji does in fact change throughout the series. He starts off basically as a lonely hobo with no desire and slowly transitions into realizing he needs people and desire for a better world. It's simple and effective. The problem with Kouta is that one day, he's this super determined and hyped up guy willing to fight for his own justice and then like 10 minutes later, he's just all like "i'm a god i know everything now im so calm and powerful". It's way too abrupt. The circumstances around him changed more than him himself. In a way, that is his unique character trait and one he basically only shares with Kaito through the entire series, deeming it necessary for the plot. This is why overall, Gaim is better, but I find Eiji more interesting than Kouta.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Seriously, outside of movies and specials, the only things people really complained about were Kiwami Arms and the last episode.
You have not seen me in Gaim threads have you? Because I can spot plenty of things worth complaining about it.

MV Maker
There are things to complain about, sure, but it's not like any (or at least not most) of them matter in the grand scheme of things.

The new Tendou Souji
Eiji, on the other hand, shows hidden depths. Being a politician's son, he's been shown to have some of those tricky tactics up his sleeve like acting dumb and just sneaking things around. [..]Eiji does in fact change throughout the series.

Did we watch different shows? Because, all I remember was 50 or so episodes of "Ankh, I need medals!". :sly:
(While I'm thinking on it though, wasn't that one of the things being complained about with "Movie War core" that Eiji was flipping medals by himself and not asking Ankh to give him them?)

Wait, we're calling Neo-Heisei Phase 2 now? When was that a thing? It reminds me of the MCU :sweat:.