Who is Wiseman?

GoseiGold

The cops being the bad guys is alittle bit above the current age level of the show's intended audience.

It's possible that Kizaki is being possesed by Lizardman Phantom or was killed and replaced by him, then he'll show up in a later episode. (Possibly when Kamen Rider Beast shows up)

MattComix

Super Moderator
The cops being the bad guys is alittle bit above the current age level of the show's intended audience.

The show establishes pretty clearly that when a Phantom takes over everything they were before is gone. They are just a monster but monsters that can still use the forms of their Gate. Remember the cop from episode 1?

It would be above the age level to get heavy into actual police corruption but monsters posing as police officers that died as Gates is not out of bounds.

A high standing Policeman as a Phantom on the ranks of the Medusa and Phoenix wouldn't seem like a bad move.
[HIDE]Especially if Beast ends up as a Police Rider. Then we'd have more base for him to do things besides beating up Phantoms.[/HIDE]

Artic_Rival

Lurker
Let's see what Tropes people are saying...

The candidates for Wiseman are...

• Wiseman from Sailor Moon
  • Wajima
  • An Incubator from Puella Magi Madoka Magica
  • Agent Kizaki
  • The Donut Shop Manager
  • Koyomi's Phantom
  • White Wizard's Phantom
  • Hatman

komoo

I think we savely can rule out characters that appeared before Wiseman, due to him lying on the slab for so long time.

MattComix

Super Moderator
Right now the bigger question for me is what was the point of Wiseman's reveal since he's done nothing since.

Artic_Rival

Lurker
It's customary for Big Bads to sit on their ass and do nothing while their minions wind up dying in vain. They've been doing it in Tokusatsu for a long ass time.

MattComix

Super Moderator
It's customary for Big Bads to sit on their ass and do nothing while their minions wind up dying in vain. They've been doing it in Tokusatsu for a long ass time.

True. But the way it was done with Wiseman you would think that revealing what he looks like would have been saved for much further down the road and he would have just continued to be the voice behind the curtain doing the Great Leader of Shocker type thing.

Instead he comes out from behind the curtain and now he's just kinda hangin out it seems. So why even hide him at all let alone have a build up to his debut?

bleachjoj

True. But the way it was done with Wiseman you would think that revealing what he looks like would have been saved for much further down the road and he would have just continued to be the voice behind the curtain doing the Great Leader of Shocker type thing.

Instead he comes out from behind the curtain and now he's just kinda hangin out it seems. So why even hide him at all let alone have a build up to his debut?

I think they were hiding his human form when we first saw. Then in episode 14 he transforms into his Phantom form and now he hangs around. It may of had something to do with Haruto and Koyomi knowing where the cave was which is why right after that he starts hanging out more.

Tendou Soujiro

Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto

As much as I agree with you here I have to admit it's a little thrilling to know his Phantom form but not his human form.

MattComix

Super Moderator
As much as I agree with you here I have to admit it's a little thrilling to know his Phantom form but not his human form.

On the one hand it's kinda nice to have a face to go with the voice now but I was underwhelmed with Wiseman's design. Phoenix looks more like a main villain than he does IMO.

Hanamichi Rider

This is my stage now!!
Its to show us he IS a phantom, but much like the new episode with phoenix, we might have already seen his human form, and like Rinko, be caught unaware.

Tendou Soujiro

Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
On the one hand it's kinda nice to have a face to go with the voice now but I was underwhelmed with Wiseman's design. Phoenix looks more like a main villain than he does IMO.

Agreed. The main villain cast is still pretty small though so maybe he'll get another form or an even stronger Phantom could be introduced. I'm hoping for the latter because the main villain cast feels really dry to me right now.