SLICE
I'm curious. The knee jerk reaction would be some one like Shin or Amazon...

But is Amazon or Shin any more violent then UltraSeven?

Are there other heroes who are even more brutal?

This applies to not just the way they kill their enemies, but also how they fight in general.

Seven is a very pragmatic fighter, often going for throat punches and quick finishers.

Amazon claws bites and slashes his way through things. That kind of stuff.

So who would you consider the most violent?

Back in Black
Well, there you go.

Burkion feels compelled to put Ultraseven in everything.

I'll say Amazon because he mostly slashes his opponents. Almost everyone else alternates kicks and punches and slashes, but his slash that cuts through his enemies and makes them bleed and yell in pain is his first choice.

It depends on what basis you judge "most violent". I'm watching Amazon at the moment and a lot of the fights are pretty brief. As a proportion of the episode something like Garo contains a lot more fighting. Plus Amazon spends a lot of time in his fights wrestling with his opponent - basically stood there bear-hugging each other without actually doing any hitting. On the other hand, Amazon is pretty much the only toku hero I can think of who will bite chunks of flesh out of a monster (even if he hasn't transformed yet!), plus he has had one or two occassions where he's ripped the monster's arm off at the shoulder, then hit him round the head with the bloody end. So in terms of those peak moments of brutality, yeah, Amazon probably wins. Which is weird as the show on the whole is so goofy it makes the Adam West Batman show seem dignified and somber.

SLICE
Well, there you go.

Burkion feels compelled to put Ultraseven in everything.

I'll say Amazon because he mostly slashes his opponents. Almost everyone else alternates kicks and punches and slashes, but his slash that cuts through his enemies and makes them bleed and yell in pain is his first choice.

Yes, I feel compelled to put him into everything, clearly.

He has zero place in a thread about violent bloody murder, it's not like he isn't famed for being the bloodiest of all the Ultramen, regularly slicing limbs off of his foes or beating them to death.

Super Moderator
I don't really view violent as a badge of honor but to the topic I would say Hakaider in the 1995 Amemiya film. Yeah he doesn't really hack his enemies up in some splattergore orgy or anything but as DayDay would say "He cold."

Back in Black
Yes, I feel compelled to put him into everything, clearly.

He has zero place in a thread about violent bloody murder, it's not like he isn't famed for being the bloodiest of all the Ultramen, regularly slicing limbs off of his foes or beating them to death.

You pretty much built a thread around him. Was he not your first choice and your main reason for this thread?

SLICE
You pretty much built a thread around him. Was he not your first choice and your main reason for this thread?

I believe I gave equal footing to Amazon, who I think may surpass Seven.

I wanted others opinions on the matter.

So what's your problem?

Back in Black
I believe I gave equal footing to Amazon, who I think may surpass Seven.

I wanted others opinions on the matter.

So what's your problem?

My problem is the integral of 1/(3x+1)^2 with respect to x going from 1 to infinity, but I can do it.

Now answer my question.

I'll second Gills' nomination. His fights may not have been graphic, but he fights with pure rage and part of his finisher involves stabbing his opponent in the chest from behind so...there's that.

And his exceed form has more spikes and blades than a medievil siege engine.