So...just even talking about the subject gets the account banned.

Again...head scratcher.

Wait, so I could get on and say "Blah blah blah, Kamen Rider Den-O did this and that." and the account could get shut down?

That's a bit extreme, isn't it?

Ryatta
It certainly seems that way from what everyone says.. could it just be their searching tags or key words and something automated is requesting the block and no one has actually checked the video, I'm hoping the appeal will get me the video back.

it seems to be a 2 stage process with having to explain to youtube why it shouldn't be banned and then its forwarded onto the company that requested the block.. hopefully they'll remove the strike against me account as well if i get it back

Fangtaku
I don't know if Toei was the studio involved, but I was trying to upload a handful of Zoids /0 clips (all under a minute, from various episodes, and easily within fair use) to illustrate the things that were cut from the dub (for various reasons, none were explicit or showed anything). One managed to upload, and the rest were deleted upon finishing, saying that the files weren't allowed.

I have to assume that someone had them up before, they were taken down, and their filenames match mine.

Eenymeenyminymo
Now I'm curious about your video. Which may have been the whole object of this post.

Ryatta
So after 3 weeks I've got my video re instated after appealing to both youtube and Toei. The counter claim involved writing to each of them (youtube first to get them to allow you to pass on the appeal to Toei) and arguing your case... for reference if anyone should also have the same problem this is what I wrote to Toei

"The footage of Kyoryuger is used for review purposes only and no episode is shown in full on this video I believe that this falls under the fair use act I will add to credit TOEI for all used footage"

Now I'm curious about your video. Which may have been the whole object of this post.

Well you can now watch it again should you wan't to :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmisd2TiW0w"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmisd2TiW0w[/ame]

It would seem the view count stayed removed from my main total though, unless that just takes a while to update.. everything else is intact and all strikes were removed from my account