When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
When it compares to real-world applications, yes it's very silly. Sentai's a dumbed down army task force for kids, doing more things to make them even sillier in practice.

captain-obvious.jpg

Not really, i expected it to be a balance of light and dark hearted stories with the average episode somewhere in between, just like basically every sentai has been. And to be frank even the darker sentai's like Liveman were still not that dark so ive gotten what i expected from Gokaiger so far and am enjoying it.

I don't have low self esteem.
I wasn't so much expecting it to be a dark or light hearted series. What I was hoping for was a series that was going to be fun to watch..

..which it wasn't.

Banned
No, it isn't. Power Rangers =/= Super Sentai.

This. They can use the url as they like. But sentai and power rangers are not the same thing. I mean if you think they are then you need your head examined.

When it compares to real-world applications, yes it's very silly. Sentai's a dumbed down army task force for kids, doing more things to make them even sillier in practice.

Can you provide an example of a "real-world application" and how what happens in Sentai is silly by comparison?

Can you provide an example of a "real-world application" and how what happens in Sentai is silly by comparison?

Since I've got nothing better to do, Imma make one example.

Say, you've got a weapon.

It's a sniper rifle. You know this because it's a gun, it has a long barrel, and it has "Sniper" in its name. Like say, DekaSniper or SagaSniper.

You have to dispatch an enemy.

In the real world, in order to accomplish that, you generally would not wear blue or silver. That makes you incredibly easy to spot, defeating the purpose of sniping in the first place. And you most definitely wouldn't go running towards the opponent and start smashing him with your "sniper".

Since I've got nothing better to do, Imma make one example.

Say, you've got a weapon.

It's a sniper rifle. You know this because it's a gun, it has a long barrel, and it has "Sniper" in its name. Like say, DekaSniper or SagaSniper.

You have to dispatch an enemy.

In the real world, in order to accomplish that, you generally would not wear blue or silver. That makes you incredibly easy to spot, defeating the purpose of sniping in the first place. And you most definitely wouldn't go running towards the opponent and start smashing him with your "sniper".

But that's not something exclusive to Sentai. You can see similar stuff in a lot of action shows in general. If by 'smashing' you mean hitting someone with a gun, that's not an uncommon sight.

I'll grant you the wardrobe colors, but such things have happened in real life too. In the American Civil War, some Zouave regiments wore bright red clothing. The British had their Redcoats. Bright red makes you a highly visible target.

But the costume aspect is just part of the superhero genre. It's not something you can only point to Sentai on. It may be just me, but I really don't see as many "this is all kiddy nonsense!" statements made about American superheroes as I do about toku.