Which was the better tribute show-KR Decade or Gokaiger?

Banned

You know... In threads like this it's pretty common to give reasons for your feelings. Just saying DCD... :/ I am very interested in what people see in DCD. Trying to figure out if I missed something while watching it.

Um.... I thought people didn't have to give reasons for why they had an opinion....

Super Moderator
In the context of a thread like this it does stimulate conversation (the point of a message board) more if you talk about why you picked that show as opposed to just stating your pick because the idea is for people to talk about why they felt one did a better job of being a tribute show than the other did.

I don't have low self esteem.
Decade has annoying Rider Ganbarides/cards, constantly changes into older/past Rider suits, and its also bloody annoying and unnessesary. :D
EXTRA BONUS (which thankfully the Gokaigers didn't do): Decade raped the past Riders, tore their bodies apart, transforming them into other objects/merchandises. :169:

So Decade's way of merchadising is crap-ier? :anime: :laugh:

The main reason why I liked Decade is because it had a more interesting story about the Riders being in various different universes. I also liked how the Riders weren't the same Riders as they were from the original shows.It makes it a bit more interesting and I guess it's a nice way of not making the original show redundant..

And I don't really care too much for merchandise either. It's been a long time since I stopped buying Tokusatsu toys and merchandise because I just don't have the space or the monney. Sometimes I tell myself I'd like to buy a Kamen Rider figure again sometime but I never get round to doing that.

Despite what I said it was really nice to see Tetsuo Kurata make a comeback.

As for Kamen Rider Decade turning into other Kamen Riders, at the time I thought it was cool but I eventually grew bored with this concept. I still liked it that Kamen Rider Decade would fight with the other Kamen Riders.

But still I'm not a hardcore fan of Decade, it's an okay show but still there are better Kamen Riders out there, and apart from that I think this whole tribute show thing is overrated. I mean, do we all want a new Tokusatsu hero who would transform into every single other Tokusatsu hero ever? I think it would be boring.

Gokaiger is fanservice? Not to me it isn't. More like a "**** YOU!!!" from Toei.

Banned
The main reason why I liked Decade is because it had a more interesting story about the Riders being in various different universes. I also liked how the Riders weren't the same Riders as they were from the original shows.It makes it a bit more interesting and I guess it's a nice way of not making the original show redundant..

Despite what I said it was really nice to see Tetsuo Kurata make a comeback.

As for Kamen Rider Decade turning into other Kamen Riders, at the time I thought it was cool but I eventually grew bored with this concept. I still liked it that Kamen Rider Decade would fight with the other Kamen Riders.

But still I'm not a hardcore fan of Decade, it's an okay show but still there are better Kamen Riders out there, and apart from that I think this whole tribute show thing is overrated. I mean, do we all want a new Tokusatsu hero who would transform into every single other Tokusatsu hero ever? I think it would be boring.

Gokaiger is fanservice? Not to me it isn't. More like a "**** YOU!!!" from Toei.

The point of a tribute show is to have the people from the past in it. DCD failed almost all together at that.

....:redface2::sly: I am really just dying to know why it's a "**** you" from toei....

I'll agree that Decade had a cool concept. I loved the whole idea of world hopping. And I also love how Decade brought back past monsters from previous seasons. Monsters are something that I would've loved to have seen Gokaiger play around with a bit more. Ah well.

BUT! What ruins Decade's ideas for me are the stories and the characters. I think the worst offender was the Agito World. Onodera sees someone who looks like someone who died in his life. And he can't help but feel it's necessary to go talk to her. But instead of just directly talking to her, he comes up with this lame-brained plot of trying to impress her by using the G3 suit. What, the Kuuga suit wouldn't be enough to impress her? In fact, it's like he forgot he could turn into Kuuga at all! Agito had such a cool concept, why did it have to go to waste here? :bawling: