Which Rider Series Would Work Bestn in Amreican Comic Books?

正義の味方
I don't think any Kamen Rider could fit well with the style of American comics, there's just too many different elements between Japanese superheroes and western ones. Although, it would be pretty interesting to see Alan Moore write on Agito, lol.

Lurker
Might be interesting to see Faiz in american comic formats. Let's go heavy on the sci-fi! :D

Oh, and may I add that I have never read american comics beside 3 comics from the Transformer: The Movie line?

a friend of justice
As a huge comic nerd who frequently manages to drop more on comics than figuarts in a given month, I've thought about this a lot. I think most Heisei era series would adapt extraordinarily well to comic book form, given the right team. For example, W would need a terrific artist like JH Williams III who can give it a bright and vibrant look while creating a noir feel at the same time. I'm thinking of his work on Desolation Jones specifically as I type this!

Something like Decade might have actually worked better in comic book form. My absolute favorite writer, Grant Morrison, does these re-constructionist stories, where he breaks characters down to their core and then builds them back up again. I feel like that's so in line with what Decade tried to do, and I'd love for Decade to be able to take its time and keep telling its story for an indefinite amount of time.

I actually can't think of a Heisei era series that wouldn't make a good comic, and I've seen them all. Haven't seen all that much Showa stuff, but I can definitely think of some series that'd be much trickier to adapt to the comic format.

Now Demonic
Surprisingly Rider 1 and 2. With most modern riders you have a clear cut story that begins and ends, American comics don't like to do that, if a series is profitable they'll keep it up for as long as possible. Rider 1 and 2 could be made to fight Shocker forever. Quite frankly Kamen Riders Spirits wouldn't do bad if it were sold in the U.S. I think.

I'll agree that basically any of the Heisei Riders would probably do well in western comics if marketed right and whatnot....with some exception in the way of story.

By and large, since most of us who read Western Comics love ourselves some continuity and explanation, stuff like Faiz would either have to be expanded or completely re-written. The sheer amount of plotholes and the general poor state of the story would be noted and complained about. Alot. I wouldn't mind it personally, but some people might be unhappy if their favorite stuff got re-written.

Still, I think it'd translate well. So many people I meet have an issue with Kamen Rider being Live Action. They just can't wrap their heads around it.

All Toku. DC Universe. DC's comics have always been more about being extraordinary and trying to live a normal life as opposed to Marvel's being ordinary and trying to live an extraordinary life.

I've always seen Toku shows (Rider, GARO and Ryukendo especially) as extraordinary people simply trying to do the right thing. DC also has a precedent for transforming heroes in Green Lantern and Shazam to name a few.