Which Kamen Rider series would you like to have remade/rebooted?

All the major Showa series. So they'd all actually be watchable for a modern audience.

Guillotine Gorilla
All the major Showa series. So they'd all actually be watchable for a modern audience.

They are watchable. You are just weak.

definitely wizard..done by urobuchi-sama

it will become a fuuuuukin awesome **** than the original had done

So remake the somewhat okay show into a meandering pretentious bullcrap that replaces the one good thing Wizard has going for that is Haruto and replace it with boring anime stereotypes feuding?

Also, which to remake? None, unless you really get how rebooting should work and how the original Kamen Rider works

Last edited:
Amazon. It's a nice premise but an awful execution.

Decade. Forget the "tribute" aspect. Just have him travel between dimensions meeting insane one-shot Riders, First/Next style re-imaginings or "What if?" style worlds based more around a secondary Rider.

It would have been nice to see what the likes of Hibiki or OOO could have turned out like if they'd been allowed to stick to their original plans.
I'm watching an episode per week of the original Kamen Rider alongside Gaim. It's been fun, although I admit I might feel differently if I'd been trying to marathon it instead. Of the other two Showa era Riders I've seen, Amazon is a complete chore and one of the leading contenders for 'worst toku I've had the misfortune to encounter', but Black is really as good as it's reputation suggests (although not in the way I was expecting - it's cheesy scenery-chewing fun most of the time).
So remake the somewhat okay show
That's the closest I've ever seen CannibalS come to saying something positive about a toku show, which in relative terms makes it the highest praise I've ever seen for Wizard :anime:

My pick:

KIVA

Certainly a series that needs a shorter run or a diffrent plot.

I wouldn't have made Nago a freaking psycho, but instead a G3 kind of guy, with Kiva being more of a wild child.

Lurker
Faiz and Decade. Give Tsukasa a full season without the two-episode arc that dogged it.
and Faiz, well, as much as I liked it, it could just do with some redoing.

They are watchable. You are just weak.

Lol no.

I'm watching an episode per week of the original Kamen Rider alongside Gaim. It's been fun, although I admit I might feel differently if I'd been trying to marathon it instead. Of the other two Showa era Riders I've seen, Amazon is a complete chore and one of the leading contenders for 'worst toku I've had the misfortune to encounter', but Black is really as good as it's reputation suggests (although not in the way I was expecting - it's cheesy scenery-chewing fun most of the time).

The cheesiness and the fun are very easy to get into. It's the visuals that are horrendously deterring. The only thing "toku" about their "tokusatsu" is if you conveniently forget everything that came after it. Most viewers come into a show wanting to be entertained, not for a lesson in film-making history.

Last edited:
Guillotine Gorilla
Lol no.

The cheesiness and the fun are very easy to get into. It's the visuals that are horrendously deterring. The only thing "toku" about their "tokusatsu" is if you conveniently forget everything that came after it. Most viewers come into a show wanting to be entertained, not for a lesson in film-making history.

lol weakling.

Plus, "cheesy" is a bullshit nondescript buzzword that people casually throw around with about as much literary validity as "grimdark".
Also age means tokusatsu is not toku anymore???

Last edited:
lol weakling.

Plus, "cheesy" is a bullshit nondescript buzzword that people casually throw around with about as much literary validity as "grimdark".
Also age means tokusatsu is not toku anymore???

Lolstillno. Not being a masochist doesn't mean you're weak. It means you're sane, unlike those people who insist on watching something they clearly don't enjoy. It's not like watching toku is required for college credit or is something you can put on your resume when trying for that promotion.

Bad special effects = bad special effects. Age is an excuse, but it doesn't make it any more watchable.

Last edited:
Guillotine Gorilla
Lolstillno. Not being a masochist doesn't mean you're weak. It means you're sane, unlike those people who insist on watching something they clearly don't enjoy. It's not like watching toku is required for college credit.

Bad special effects = bad special effects. Age is an excuse, but it doesn't make it any more watchable.

I would continue to laugh at how weak you are ("masochism?" Really now?) and how really petty and bad that arguement is , but now I'm just perplexed by what sort of bizarre and quite frankly arbitrary and joyless standards of "good effects" do you have when a show from 70's to 80's is bad but modern day stuff that still uses the same techniques but with bad CG is any better.

Unless the idea of possibly capturing a glimpse of strings holding a monster gives you chronic pain, to which I will say I am very sorry for you.

Last edited: