Which Daikaiju series do you prefer, Ultraman or Godzilla?

Lurker
Not who would win in a fight, but which series do you enjoy watching more?

3a818cffd0bff62b4506847ee7ecca7a.png

Ultraman

or

GODZILLA.jpg

Godzilla?

Super Moderator
I have nothing but love for Godzilla but I would have to go with Ultraman. I guess I'm just all about the hero thing and you get more of that with Ultraman basically.

Nice post!!
I find Ultraman a bit more entertaining since you usually have some Science Patrol types around to identify with. In Godzilla I have a really hard time liking any of the human characters and that takes me out of the action pretty badly.

Lurker
Even though I have much love for Ultraman, there's just something about that giant lizard wreaking havoc through the city time and time again that just really does it for me.

I don't have low self esteem.
Ultraman because although Godzilla is more well known in the UK I've actually seen more Ultraman than Godzilla.

Banned
Godzilla.

It is a little unfair though, as i have seen every Godzilla film and own many of them, where as i have only seen The original Ultraman, Toward the Future and Ultra Galaxy Legend, and only own one of the Grey market sets of Ultraman.

But i tend not to compare the two, thought they maybe in the same Genre, they appeal to different people. Plus it's a Film franchise vs. a mainly TV based franchise.

But no matter, i'd likely vote always for the big G anyway.