Books Which books did you have to read for school?

We all had to read certain books at secondary, or high school. My class had to read "Of Mice And Men" and "To Kill A Mockingbird", amongst others and I always felt like I learnt far more from these than I ever did from the Shakespeare plays we were also required to study. I'd be interested to find out what everyone else had to read. Did you have to read several boring, stuffy texts or were you lucky enough to be set something a bit more interesting to study?

Frankenstein was one. That wasn't a bad book by all accounts. My friend's class had to read Shakespeare and noone in his class enjoyed it. We also had to read a few non Shakespeare plays which I can't really recall the names of. I actually didn't really like reading at all while I was in school because I saw it as something that I had to do rather than enjoying the book itself.

Well, for our senior year in secondary school, we had to read a lot of poetry and Shakespeare stuff because it's what's going to come up in the exams. Some of the books we've read are Hamlet, Macbeth, Sive, How Many Miles to Babylon, and that poetry book with works from poets like Sylvia Plath, Thomas Kinsella, Eavan Boland etc..

Sive was so tragic, but I did enjoy reading it. Same goes for How Many Miles to Babylon.

Frankenstein was one. That wasn't a bad book by all accounts. My friend's class had to read Shakespeare and noone in his class enjoyed it. We also had to read a few non Shakespeare plays which I can't really recall the names of. I actually didn't really like reading at all while I was in school because I saw it as something that I had to do rather than enjoying the book itself.
I totally feel you. It's like it becomes an obligation rather than a thing you want to do.