With only 4 episodes left of Digimon Xros Wars, where do you rank it amongst the Digimon seasons?

For me, I think Xros Wars is pretty good but tends to stumble when it shouldn't.

Examples: Taiki's backstory, Kiriha's constant wishywashiness and 'Imma do this my own way' attitude before the Gravimon arc)

Also, it seems like Xros Wars has similar pros and cons to Kamen Rider OOOs.

+Likable cast
+Fun gimmick
-Lead character being a bro but not much layers to him
-Not taking enough advantage of the the gimmick, even though OOOs suffered from this more than Xros Wars.

My ranking would be
1) Tamers
2) Adventure
3) Xros Wars=Savers
4) Frontier
5) 02

BLT Mode
I like Digimon Xros Wars for it's fusions and great cast of characters
The only thing i would like is for them to use more fusions
Here's my rank :anime:
1.Digimon Tamers
2.Digimon Adventure
3.Digimon Xros Wars
4.Digimon 02
5.Digimon Savers
6.Digimon Frontier

Resident Precureologist
Tamers was the best season by far.
I'd put Xros Wars in at #2, then Adventure and 02.

Savers and Frontier can duke it out for last place, but I won't care.

Mad Skillz
I wasn't the biggest fan of the first half, but in general, it was a pretty fun show to watch and I rarely found myself bored with the material. There might have been points when I just didn't like the direction Nene and Kiriha were going in, but overall, Xros Wars was a fun ride and I hope the next Xros Wars is just as good. If I had to rank them . . .

1. Frontier - Yes I like it that much shut up.
2. Tamers
3. Adventure 02
4. Adventure
5. Xros Wars
6. Savers

Though don't let the placement of the last two fool you, I really do enjoy every Digimon series. There might be a block of episodes I dislike or moments when the story heads into an odd direction, but there isn't a single Digimon series I can say I "hate" or even dislike, I love them all, just some more than others.

1) Tamers: Yeah, the D-Reaper is just a straight up Devil Gundam knock-off and some of the Digital World Arc doesn't completely work but I still feel that, overall, this is the strongest season.

2) Adventure 02: Plot-wise this show is one HELL of a mess, especially at its endgame, but I just really loved the new main cast so much that I find I can still forgive it a lot of its flaws.

3) Xross Wars: It's unfinished, so if it goes higher or lower will depend on the strength of its endgame. The biggest problem it has is that it can fluctuate from really good to really flat randomly, and the good episodes make the flat episodes look even flatter by comparison. Also, the way Akari and Zenjiro were written out still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

On the other hand, I do appreciate that Taiki is a character who's friendly but isn't pigeon-holed into the cliche that being friendly somehow instantly makes you a meat-headed idiot.

4) Adventure: Ironically, this show kinda has the same problem as Xross Wars in terms of Good Episode to Flat Episode wonkiness. It's kind of worse here though because the only really notably strong arc it has is the one with Myotismon and the search for the Seventh Digidestined so that's why it's only fourth on the list.

5) Savers: It's bland, inoffensive and ultimately just kinda there. If you just kinda wanna watch something with no real investment to kill time, Savers will get the job done. It's basically the Digimon equivalent of oatmeal.

6) Xross Wars 2: I'm putting this here, despite not yet having aired a single episode, because no matter how it turns out it cannot possibly be worse than...

7) Frontier: Ugh. I hate talking about this show. I hate thinking about this show. I hate acknowledging it even exists. All I am going to say is, there is a goddamned REASON this show is considered to have almost killed the entire franchise.

Mad Skillz
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world who loves Frontier. :laugh:
7) Frontier: Ugh. I hate talking about this show. I hate thinking about this show. I hate acknowledging it even exists. All I am going to say is, there is a goddamned REASON this show is considered to have almost killed the entire franchise.
I've always heard people in the fandom say this and it is incredibly unfair towards Frontier, I think people just see that Frontier was the last of the original four and immediately think it did the franchise in when it's a cumulative thing.

year / ratings average / revenue
1999 - 11.2% - 210 mil. - Adventure
2000 - 11.0% - 180 mil. - Adventure 02
2001 - 8.4% - 80 mil. - Tamers
2002 - 7.2% - 60 mil. - Frontier
2006 - 5.2% - 40 mil. - Savers

See? There's a big drop from Tamers to Frontier, yeah, but the drop from Adventure 02 to Tamers was massive. So it's not a case of Frontier being the worst performing show in the franchise, it's just that Tamers did really poorly compared to Adventure 02 and Frontier didn't improve matters.

In general, profits have dropped at an incredible rate. Xros Wars will likely end up making around what Savers made, perhaps a little more, and that's been enough to continue it on into a second series.

Data comes from this thread.

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night
Ive only seen the original 2 series and Xros Wars but the first season ranks as one of my favorite seasons of Anime/cartoon. but I really enjoy Xros Wars too

I think people just see that Frontier was the last of the original four and immediately think it did the franchise in when it's a cumulative thing.

Well, my point is less "Frontier did so bad it took something super successful and killed it instantly" and more "I hated watching it so much that if I was not a Digimon fan and you had told me that it had, I'd believe it." :p

DAIMON PAWNCH
lets see, if we are just talking about anime then it would be like this.

1. Savers
2. Tamers
3. Adventure/ Xros Wars
5. Frontier
42. Adventure 02

and thats how I put them. Yes Savers is my favorite *DAIMON PAWNCH!!!*