Of course, most Rider seasons have their fair share of issues when it comes to their plots. But some seasons have noticeably even more plot holes than other seasons. Namely 555, Kabuto, and Kiva. The issues aren't always "plot holes," but can also just tend to be things that aren't explained properly or explained at all in the story.

Now, for seasons like 555, Kabuto, and Kiva, they all of course have their fanbases. And obviously, such "plot holes" and "lack of explanations" didn't outweigh their enjoyment for the series, if they were fans of them. Instead, they were able to let them slip by much more easily.

So how about you guys? How often are you able to ignore such things (if at all)? Or are some of these issues just too glaring for you to enjoy a particular season?

MagiFanboy
Well, I've only seen Kuuga and Ryuki, and those two were very well plotted. However, I do have one plot hole from Kuuga that does bug me.

The Rose Woman Grongi goes out of her way to spare Kaoru Ichijo, and we never get a satisfactory explanation for this. The closest we get is that it has to do with how the Grongi want humans to be as brutal and violent as them, but that doesn't stop her from killing lots of other peeps without any hesitation, so it ends up feeling like a blunt case of plot armor.

Well plot-holes aren't a big issue with me cause i have imagination and if a plot-hole is stuck in my mind i just write a story to explain it,since the directors or producers most of the time don't care to explain them so it's up to the fans imagination.

Well, a plot hole is something that basically contradicts something in a plot and creates some form of inconsistency that doesn't make much sense.

Whereas a lack of explanation is just that. And that can indeed be left to the fan's imagination. :) But many fans of course definitely demand answers.

HEROW
The Rose Woman Grongi goes out of her way to spare Kaoru Ichijo, and we never get a satisfactory explanation for this. The closest we get is that it has to do with how the Grongi want humans to be as brutal and violent as them, but that doesn't stop her from killing lots of other peeps without any hesitation, so it ends up feeling like a blunt case of plot armor.

Hmmm... I don't really recall the Rose Tattooed Woman to have gone out of her way to kill anybody (please correct me if I'm wrong), which I think is the explanation why she didn't kill Ichijo, because it wasn't her role to. She did however send him to the hospital after being hurt by the new type of bullet they developed... Self-defense perhaps?

MagiFanboy
Hmmm... I don't really recall the Rose Tattooed Woman to have gone out of her way to kill anybody (please correct me if I'm wrong), which I think is the explanation why she didn't kill Ichijo, because it wasn't her role to. She did however send him to the hospital after being hurt by the new type of bullet they developed... Self-defense perhaps?

No, I can distinctly recall that Ichijo stumbled upon the Rose Woman and another Grongi, he gets spotted, the one Grongi wants to kill him, and the Rose Woman stops him. Even if her role isn't to kill humans herself, that doesn't really explain why she went out of her way to keep him alive.

Mind you, it has been a while since I've watched Kuuga, so I may be forgetting something. Or it might have been hidden in the reams of "Grongi Language" that MCS only occasionally translated.

Mr. Kamen Rider
The plot holes never bothered me much because I just fanonize up some explanation. That is, if its even a plot hole. Sometimes there's stuff where I think the point was to leave it vague and let the viewer form their own idea on what happens. Sometimes they cheat and you have to buy some books to get the whole story (like Bum Odin) or watch a slightly-altered repeat at some ungodly hour in the morning which then gets a limited DVD release only at select stores (like Decade.) And sometimes it's the writers throwing their hands up in the air and just walking away mid-sentence, but as a writer I can sympathize wi

HEROW
No, I can distinctly recall that Ichijo stumbled upon the Rose Woman and another Grongi, he gets spotted, the one Grongi wants to kill him, and the Rose Woman stops him. Even if her role isn't to kill humans herself, that doesn't really explain why she went out of her way to keep him alive.

Mind you, it has been a while since I've watched Kuuga, so I may be forgetting something. Or it might have been hidden in the reams of "Grongi Language" that MCS only occasionally translated.

Well, the Grongi does have their own rules when it comes to killing, probably a game was on and the Rose Tattooed Woman thought Ichijo wasn't that much of a threat so he's probably a waste in effort? Who knows? Grongi works in mysterious ways. I've read one of Iga's reviews by the way and I sorta understood that how Ichijo is to Kuuga is how Rose Tattooed Lady is to the Grongi, so they're somewhat rivals at best, and it makes sense why she might be sparing him.

And regarding that scene where you said she stopped another Grongi... Hmmm... If memory serves me right, that was one of the times where Ichijo lost consciousness in front of the Rose Tattooed Woman after she showered him with petals or something, and I don't recall another Grongi with her. I'll try to rewatch tonight if time permits me.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
Sashi, it was one of the first episodes of Kuuga. Like, within the first 5. They have a few encounters, mostly in the first 5 episodes, the episode before the Chameleon Grongi where you pointed out that he gets showered with petals, the episode when Gooma begins his transformation and attacks Gadoru, that's when Ichijou gets injured and lastly when he kills her and she falls into the bay.

I don't consider it a plot hole, I just saw it was mercy. The Rose-Tattooed Woman was unique among the Grongi because she was their de facto leader under Daguba, so I suppose she could bend the rules and not have any repercussions because if anyone messed with her, Gadoru or Daguba or any of the Grongi would step in and protect her.

MagiFanboy
Sashi, it was one of the first episodes of Kuuga. Like, within the first 5. They have a few encounters, mostly in the first 5 episodes, the episode before the Chameleon Grongi where you pointed out that he gets showered with petals, the episode when Gooma begins his transformation and attacks Gadoru, that's when Ichijou gets injured and lastly when he kills her and she falls into the bay.

I don't consider it a plot hole, I just saw it was mercy. The Rose-Tattooed Woman was unique among the Grongi because she was their de facto leader under Daguba, so I suppose she could bend the rules and not have any repercussions because if anyone messed with her, Gadoru or Daguba or any of the Grongi would step in and protect her.

Well, I'm not saying that it's a plot hole, so much as it is that I don't understand why it happens beyond "Ichijo can't die, that would screw up the plot." I mean, I get that Grongi are supposed to be mysterious and alien, but all good mysteries get tied up in the end, while this did not.