A Malaysian Deviant
First at all, sorry if I post this thread in the wrong section.

The question is: When HJU will implement HTTPS connection?

I ask this because I come across a news that says Google's Chrome security team will marks all HTTP sites as 'Non-Secure' on their Chrome Browser starting next year. This makes me worry because most site does not support HTTPS connection.

There are no plans at all for this move its a pure scare tactic on Google's part

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
Yes, it is a scare tactic. At the very least, they are being highly presumptuous/they are jumping the gun about it.

1 - At this point, it is not necessary to make the switch to HTTPS. Considering the fact we have JUST made the switch from VBulletin 3 to VBulletin 4, it is currently a bigger priority to make sure that we work out and fix all the potential bugs that can happen due to that switch.

2 - As you said so yourself, the Chromium blog says that it is only a proposal, which means that it may OR may NOT end up happening. For all we know, Google may/will decide that going to HTTPS is not necessary. So yeah, there is no need for us to concern ourselves with this unless there is official announcement that states that Google is going to force everyone to use HTTPS for people to be able to use Chrome. And even then, one can always just use a different browser (like Firefox, Opera, or Safari) that won't force you to use HTTPS.