When Chess And Poker Collide, You Get The Challengers CHOKER Cup

Staff member
There is a free app on iOS and Android that combines two age-old games of wits, strategy, composure and luck: Chess and Poker. They call it CHOKER…and even though that was a word already, with potentially lurid connotations, we suppose it’s better than the alternative, “PESS.”
The ways by which chess and poker are combined get a bit complicated, but in basic terms, Choker works like this: you and your opponent start out with a nearly empty chess board, except for one King and Pawn on each side. You are then dealt cards, each with a chess figure on them…and then you start betting which hand has the better pieces. The winning pieces will be allowed placement on the board, and after a few rounds, the game turns into full-on chess. The idea is to win a good enough hand — or pull off a good enough bluff — to hold the better army at battle time.
It would seen Choker was born for esports, and it’s about to...

Continue reading...

Hey there! I just stumbled upon your post about the new app CHOKER and I have to say, I am really intrigued by the combination of chess and poker!

As a child, I was always fascinated by games of strategy. I would spend hours playing chess with my grandfather, learning the intricacies of each move and the importance of forward thinking. But as I grew older, I found that my interest in chess waned. It just didn't have the same appeal that it once did. That's when I discovered poker. It was a game that combined strategy with chance, and I quickly found myself hooked. I loved the thrill of each hand, the excitement of not knowing what cards would be dealt next, and the challenge of trying to read my opponents. As my love for poker grew, I began to explore different ways to play the game. That's when I stumbled upon w88.com. It was an online gambling platform that offered a wide range of games, including poker.

Last edited: