It's Judgement Time!
*Beings to Cast Raise 1 on Thread*

I figured with Operation Overdrive title being announced, it would be a good time to revive the thread.

I originally didnt have much demand on what to expect from Operation Overdrive but when watching some Boukenger I realized something I would want in PR.

-Red Ranger to be a serious leader: In Boukenger, Red ranger is a great leader for the most part. He's calm, cool, serious, and decisive. I love that about him. I hate episodes like ep11 that make his actions look silly or trivial. I dont want our Red Ranger doing something just for the spirit of an "adventure" and doing stupid crap over it. I think it would be nice if he kept that demeanor of serious decisiveness through most of the beginning. Melted and became a friend but when in Ranger mode always just leads his team like a professional

That would be nice.

Dogbot said:
So far, MF is beating the begining of Magi in my book.

Yeah, but you like SPD. :p

Red Ranger to be a serious leader: In Boukenger, Red ranger is a great leader for the most part. He's calm, cool, serious, and decisive. I love that about him. I hate episodes like ep11 that make his actions look silly or trivial. I dont want our Red Ranger doing something just for the spirit of an "adventure" and doing stupid crap over it. I think it would be nice if he kept that demeanor of serious decisiveness through most of the beginning. Melted and became a friend but when in Ranger mode always just leads his team like a professional

.....Wow but that would be lame. If he's the leader then the adventuring spirit should be in him more than any of the other Boukenger. And it is. BoukenRed's a good leader, and he's not a goofball, but that doesn't mean he can't have fun sometimes like in 11.

The only thing "Overdrive" (man that's a lame name) needs to do is make sure there's no head bad guy (those guys suck; especially when added in) and make sure that Gaja don't exist. Or if he does, get a BETTER actor than his lame-ass JP counterpart.

Mystic Force was a reduced down version of MagiRanger in my book

Yeah but nobody reads your books. :rolleyes2:

It's Judgement Time!
Sage Shinigami said:
If he's the leader then the adventuring spirit should be in him more than any of the other Boukenger. that doesn't mean he can't have fun sometimes like in 11.

Yeah he should keep the spirit of an adventurer but not use it as a means to emotionally damage his party members. I mean wtf was the point is burning a fake doll? He made all these serious decisions and it drew me in, man. It made you think what was so important about that discovery that he wanted to burn the doll immediately without question. I loved that. Then when ep11 came around, he reveals that he did everything JUST for the sake of a stupid adventure. WOW... I like an adventurous spirit but that ticked me off. It made all the drama of 10 pointless and trivial. Worthless and meaningless. To me, 11 was just horrible and not the type of Red Ranger I want. All the episodes before 11, were awesome with him. I want O-Red to be like the Satoru of Bouken1-10. Not of Bouken11.

I love Satoru best when he's taking charge, leading his team like a pro, and doing it in a serious spirit of adventure. He gives advice to all his team, he comforts them when they need it but also knows when to follow orders and does what's best for the team.

In PR it's always "A new team of inexperienced rangers!" but it would be nice to have a leader for once who knows what he's doing and does it with confidence like Satoru often does.

I dont want O-Red to turn around and go "oh I burned the doll, made you cry, punched Blue, hid the truth, and acted serious just to play a game with you guys HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAWWWWWWW... IM SO CUTE!! I JUST WANTED AN ADVENTURE HAW HAW HAW HAWH HAW!!!11"

In sentai it's almost the same. Lately, it's often been the rookie leader ranger who is still learning. I love the type of Red Ranger that Akashi is. I want that to translate over to PR:OO.

But at the same time, they should drop all of Akashi's retarded moments. And hopefully PR will come up with a better "secret" that's worthy of Akashi's/Red's actions in episode 10

has left HJU. Not coming back.
Sorry to bump this thread up...

I want to say....

NO MEGAZORD BATTLE IN EVERY EPISODES!

Execpt the first debut of zords/megazord from the beginning of Operation Overdrive.

Seriously, I'm not VERY impressive with mecha battles this year. It is absolutely terrible, imo. Too many mechas and getting fatter and fatter!!

I know it won't happen but dammit.

Last edited:
I actually want to see Operation Overdrive in widescreen format.
HD would be nice... but I'm not sure if abc kids still airs PR.

It's Judgement Time!
ForeverRed said:
Seriously, I'm not VERY impressive with mecha battles this year. It is absolutely terrible, imo. Too many mechas and getting fatter and fatter!!

I know it won't happen but dammit.

*signs* I agree. I love Zord battles, myself. I think the Daibouken looks good and some of the battles are nice. However, I seriously hate most of the Megazord action Boukenger has had so far. I hate the way SuperDaibouken looks, I hate how UltimateDaibouken looks.

They will show the battles anyway, because it sells the toys. But watching the terrible Robo action in Boukenger makes me wish they would film NZ megazord battles with the suits. Cause I know we can do so much better. It doesnt have to be long. Just like 15-20 second battle. Just add in some fast moves and a finisher, then booya.

Why is it that Zyuranger's battles were so freaking intense yet Super Sentai 2006 cant be as intense as it was over a decade ago.