General Discussion What's your favorite season and why?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trellum, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Trellum

Trellum Active Member

Hello everyone! It seems autumn is finally kicking in where I live, which is a great change since the temperatures over here are scorching during summer and spring. Actually it seems summer and spring last forever over here... spring started in march, and up until now I'm not 100% sure autumn is actually here! So... autumn might actually be here on november, then winter on december... and this will surely last til march :p

This makes me a bit sad, because winter is my favorite season, followed by autumn! Sadly those two never last too long :(

This takes me to the following question: what's your favorite season and why?

2. pftsusan

pftsusan New Member

Summer is my favorite because I love the outdoors and the sun. Plus I was also born in the Summer.

3. Trellum

Trellum Active Member

Then you must live in a country with some really mild summers :) I totally loved the summers in Norway, they were so mild and actually made you long to experience them every year, but over here... summers are just scorching! No one is looking forward to that, I assure you that! It's funny tho, because when I was in Norway people really disliked winter :D

4. caparica007

caparica007 Member

I find strange when someone loves winter and autumn better than summer... I love the heat and everything that is brings, beach, outdoor activities, less clothing, icecreams... :p

5. Trellum

Trellum Active Member

I find equally strange most people like summer and spring so much :D It must be because they have very mild summers/springs ;) Over here summers are specially hot! Isn't strange to see days with a temperature of 40C over here, so winter is a total relief. Ask me in two years when I'll be living in Holland tho :p I'm sure I will like summers a lot then ;)

6. caparica007

caparica007 Member

Ah ah very funny Ms Trellum. :p We have 40ºc and over here as well, I suppose it's a matter of taste, I love it when I get to spend the sunsets in the beach in the summer...

7. MercyL

MercyL New Member

My favorite season is summer.

I have a health problem that makes me extremely sensitive to barometric changes. Summer's weather tends to be a little more stable than that of winter. Since falling would be terribly dangerous for me, summer weather allows me to get out of the house without worrying about icy sidewalks

8. caparica007

caparica007 Member

Where do you live MercyL? I suffer from the cold as well as I have Asthma, the summer is great for me because of the beach, it really cleans my airways.

9. Trellum

Trellum Active Member

Wow really? It's that hot in Portugal? Is it a hot or humid heat? Over here is a hot one, but I believe a humid one is FAR worse if you have asthma (I do), I might be moving to the Netherlands... which means mild summers, but very HUMID ones because all those canals they have everywhere :confused:

10. Trellum

Trellum Active Member

Oh you mean the streets get all icy during winter? I had the same dang problem when I was living in Oslo (Norway). Some parts of the city were covered by a thick layer of ice, a poor old man fell once. You NEVER saw pregnant women in the street!! Until summer of course... it'd suck to be pregnant and not be able to go out because the streets are covered in snow and ice :((

11. BigDreamer

BigDreamer New Member

I love winter! It means Christmas is near! I can sit in front of my fireplace! I cook lots of soups! Winter always makes me happy.

12. caparica007

caparica007 Member

Weather is changing rapidly here, but we have a hot summer, not very humid. We always have 2 weeks at least per summer with extreme heat, 40+ during daytime and around 30 at night and you can't even sleep with all the windows open and no clothes...

13. Trellum

Trellum Active Member

I love winter as well!! Finally someone who appreciates the inmense beauty of winter time :) I love the colours of winter and everything that has to do with it!! I'm not a christian person, but I looove seeing the christmas decorations! We have our festivities around this time of the year as well! The kids just love it!!

14. Trellum

Trellum Active Member

Oh lol, so it's pretty much like it is over here! Over here is so hard to sleep at night during the hot season, I'm so glad I'll be moving to a place with a proper winter. Over here winters last almost nothing, but the hot season seems to last forever...

15. pandandesign

pandandesign Member

My favorite season would be Winter. I like Winter because I like the cold weather, which feels absolutely comfortable because my body can't handle hot weathers. Cold weather is so much easier for me to sleep at night. Plus, I don't mind about the rain during the cold weather because that's where I get used to the city where I reside.

16. Trellum

Trellum Active Member

Hey same here!! I totally dislike the hot weather, but to my disgrace I ended up living in a place that can reach a max temp of 45C during summer :( I'm loving it now that winter is starting now... the temperature was so nice today...! It was just 10C!!! I just love winter :)

17. woot223

woot223 New Member

I love summer for the hot weather, but I also love winter for how calm and quiet it is. Why can't we just have quiet summers? :D All in all, I think I'm more of a summer person anyway. There are more things that you can do outside with your friends and that's when all of my best memories are.

18. Trellum

Trellum Active Member

I like winter for the very same reason, I just love how calm and quiet is is during winter, plus the scenery in some places is so amazing I feel like taking pictures of that! Those pictures look like the ones you'd find on a postcard :) I remember the winter day in Norway... just magical!