General Discussion What's your favorite season and why?

Hello everyone! It seems autumn is finally kicking in where I live, which is a great change since the temperatures over here are scorching during summer and spring. Actually it seems summer and spring last forever over here... spring started in march, and up until now I'm not 100% sure autumn is actually here! So... autumn might actually be here on november, then winter on december... and this will surely last til march :p

This makes me a bit sad, because winter is my favorite season, followed by autumn! Sadly those two never last too long :(

This takes me to the following question: what's your favorite season and why?

Summer is my favorite because I love the outdoors and the sun. Plus I was also born in the Summer.

Then you must live in a country with some really mild summers :) I totally loved the summers in Norway, they were so mild and actually made you long to experience them every year, but over here... summers are just scorching! No one is looking forward to that, I assure you that! It's funny tho, because when I was in Norway people really disliked winter :D

I find strange when someone loves winter and autumn better than summer... I love the heat and everything that is brings, beach, outdoor activities, less clothing, icecreams... :p

I find equally strange most people like summer and spring so much :D It must be because they have very mild summers/springs ;) Over here summers are specially hot! Isn't strange to see days with a temperature of 40C over here, so winter is a total relief. Ask me in two years when I'll be living in Holland tho :p I'm sure I will like summers a lot then ;)

Ah ah very funny Ms Trellum. :p We have 40ºc and over here as well, I suppose it's a matter of taste, I love it when I get to spend the sunsets in the beach in the summer...

My favorite season is summer.

I have a health problem that makes me extremely sensitive to barometric changes. Summer's weather tends to be a little more stable than that of winter. Since falling would be terribly dangerous for me, summer weather allows me to get out of the house without worrying about icy sidewalks

Where do you live MercyL? I suffer from the cold as well as I have Asthma, the summer is great for me because of the beach, it really cleans my airways.

Ah ah very funny Ms Trellum. :p We have 40ºc and over here as well, I suppose it's a matter of taste, I love it when I get to spend the sunsets in the beach in the summer...

Wow really? It's that hot in Portugal? Is it a hot or humid heat? Over here is a hot one, but I believe a humid one is FAR worse if you have asthma (I do), I might be moving to the Netherlands... which means mild summers, but very HUMID ones because all those canals they have everywhere :confused:

My favorite season is summer.

I have a health problem that makes me extremely sensitive to barometric changes. Summer's weather tends to be a little more stable than that of winter. Since falling would be terribly dangerous for me, summer weather allows me to get out of the house without worrying about icy sidewalks

Oh you mean the streets get all icy during winter? I had the same dang problem when I was living in Oslo (Norway). Some parts of the city were covered by a thick layer of ice, a poor old man fell once. You NEVER saw pregnant women in the street!! Until summer of course... it'd suck to be pregnant and not be able to go out because the streets are covered in snow and ice :((