Chief HJU News Editor
I've seen quite a few of these recently, entire seasons of Kamen Rider on two DVDs. Has anyone got or seen one and can give an example of the quality? It must look insanely bad.

I assume you're talking about those cheap ones sometimes having a very bad cover lol (or even a wrong Rider!). Their qualities are watchable, just don't expect super good awesome lol.

I have the Kamen Rider Black RX 2 Disc set and the quality is terribly pixelated but the subtitles are understandable.

Whole series on two DVDs? I would guess it's a fansub burned on a DVD and sold online.

Lurker
I have a Kamen Rider Black 2 DVD set. The quality's decent but it could be way better considering that they have 25 or so episodes on one disc. The makers of usually compensated on the set I have by cutting off the OP, ED, and previews.

IMO, you're better off with a set that has more discs.

Prism Flash!
Another funny thing is that whoever prepared the DVD cover, bluntly copied and paste the contents from Igadevil's Kamen Rider Black/RX character page.

Peek a Boo!
I have a Kamen Rider Black 2 DVD set. The quality's decent but it could be way better considering that they have 25 or so episodes on one disc. The makers of usually compensated on the set I have by cutting off the OP, ED, and previews.

IMO, you're better off with a set that has more discs.

Same case except that my Kamen Rider Black DVD is only a single disc!

I have the Kamen Rider Black RX one, and it's so old I didn't expect the picture quality to be very good anyway. But it's definitely tolerable.

The first 20-something episodes had great subs, but from then on, the spellings for the names of the villains wouldn't stop changing. And eventually Minami Kotaro became 'Nianguangtailuong' or something, which is Mandarin for Minami Kotaro.

Then the last 5 episodes didn't have English subs at all, but thankfully the Chinese subs were in Traditional Chinese which I could read.

now Nerd Emperor
I don't have any 2-disc Kamen Rider DVD sets, but I do have some J-Dramas that are like this. Not as many episodes of course, so the quality is much better with just 5-6 episodes per disc compared to like 20-30 episodes per disc.

I've seen a few toku 2-disc sets though... like Shinkenger, which for some reason had Rising Ultimate Kuuga on the cover. :laugh:

Last edited: