What would you like to see on a potential Final Fantasy 16?

I want to keep the open world XV have but Square enix needed to be more realistic this time. So make it semi open world so it is more attainable and the development will be more polished. The open world is something I blame why we ended having cancelled dlcs. Give is a complete game this time around so there won't be a need for any promises that will be broken.

The next thing I wanted are playable females. I like the dynamic of a co-ed team which is pretty much missing to Sausage fest fantasy 15 and Oyster fest fantasy X-2. I want to see men and women together and please give us more varieties for teams.

I want a battle system both old school fans and modern fans will enjoy. Try to unite the fan base instead of dividing them.

I want the return of Job system because it gives the characters different abilities, skins and attacks.

Administrator
Staff member
I enjoyed the cooking system for XV so I hope the XVI will have a chef as a party member too. I want a bigger party this time around. I want to see some cameos from previous protagonists. Make them a summon.

I hope they bring back turned based combat. XV doesnt feel final fantasy to me.

Ability to select the gender of the protagonist just like in Persona 3. Give the protagonist a gender neutral name.

Ability to select the gender of the protagonist just like in Persona 3. Give the protagonist a gender neutral name.
I like that idea because of the replay value. First we can play the main character as male, then replay the main character as female. The love interest character must have selectable genders too. We already the potential of that in FFXIV

Creative Harmony between director and Square Enix! so the conflicts of FFXV will never happen again. I also want a bigger variety of playable party members. I hate that in XV we are stuck with only 5 characters. I want o have at least 10 possible party members.

The Battle system of Final Fantasy 7. It is the most popular game in the series for a reason. Or at least give us something similar to it. I like the job system from Final Fantasy V too. I want a roster 10 party members.

Administrator
Staff member
Creative Harmony between director and Square Enix! so the conflicts of FFXV will never happen again. I also want a bigger variety of playable party members. I hate that in XV we are stuck with only 5 characters. I want o have at least 10 possible party members.
Yes because we want to have a full game with a full experience and not another cancelled unfinished Beta.

I hope they bring back turned based combat. XV doesnt feel final fantasy to me.
Its back on 7 remake. I think the classic mode will be an unlockable option from now on. So people will have an excuse to finish the game twice.

Administrator
Staff member
I hope the game is not a paid to win with loot boxes. Recently I am noticing that even single player games have turned into Paid to win models and makes it impossible to win the game due to extreme difficulty that can only be eased by paying real money.

I hope Square Enix will not stoop down to such embarrassing level.