Gunmajin was like Ninjaman, so he could have stayed and just been used more. The point is that any more mecha after King Pyramider defeated the whole point of the Pyramider combos.

But if you really want one more mecha, I'd say go with TackleBoy as it's similar to TetraBoy or Kyoryu Origami: an extra weapon the other mechas can use.

Eye See You
Valid points.

It did bother me than Gamanjin was only used 3 times and one of those times only in the movie. I was expecting much more from him since Kakuranger did a lot with Ninjaman.

It stinks.
It did bother me than Gamanjin was only used 3 times and one of those times only in the movie. I was expecting much more from him since Kakuranger did a lot with Ninjaman.

You know I was hoping that Gunmajin would've been part of the final fight against Kaiser Buldont and his wife (forgot her name). But, sadly he didn't participate in it.

Kuuguitar
You know I was hoping that Gunmajin would've been part of the final fight against Kaiser Buldont and his wife (forgot her name). But, sadly he didn't participate in it.

Multiwa?

I'd agree here; Ohranger tanked ratings-wise but Toei saw how its toy sales were phenomenal. Plus, a second team mecha would milk those sales very well. :buttrock:

Eye See You
It kind of bothers me that a tv show would have **** ratings yet amazing toy sales.

Are kids playing with toys they know nothing about?.

Are kids playing with toys they know nothing about?

This is not an unheard of thing. Sometimes kids see toys in stores and go, "Mom! That's cool looking! I want one!"

And if you've got something that's as prominently displayed as The Big Boys Action Show Toys then you can rack up a lot of sales from that alone.

Nice post!!
Are kids playing with toys they know nothing about?.

This is definitely something that happens from time to time. Apparently the Ohranger toys were just considered extremely fun and well-made toys, so you did have kids buying the whole line who didn't watch the show regularly. I've heard this disconnect between toy success and show success was one of the major factors that lead to Sentai's time slot change a few years later.

This isn't something that happens often in the North American toy market, since the market here has shrunk to the point where most kids have little interest in toys that aren't part of major brands. Power Rangers was one of the big exceptions to this, selling steadily even when the TV incarnation was being buried in graveyard slots.

I imagine kids who played with Ohranger toys knew at least the basics of the premise, if only from the box packaging. Many of them probably caught a handful of episodes or saw the Ohrangers in stage shows or rented their video tapes. I imagine some kids may have enjoyed making up their own Ohranger story to play with the toys more than watching Toei's, though.

Wanted to have a secondary mecha that's five piece just like Kakure Daishogun. I don't really count Red Puncher since it's supposed to be Oh Red's personal mecha and the first time the red ranger of a team has his own personal giant robot not counting Ryuseioh.