Now granted, I like both of these mechas. But something tells me that these two weren't originally intended to be in Ohranger.

1) They don't have theme songs like OhrangerRobo and Red Puncher do. Since Liveman the extra robos sans TetraBoy had had their own themes, and after Ohranger all the robos had theme songs.

2) They appeared after King Pyramider and the "all mecha combo". What was the idea there? The point of the all mecha combo is that it's the ultimate formation. Throwing in more mechas after that renders it irrelevant. Even BacchusFundo wasn't killed with King Pyramider, but with a brand-new robo.

3) Looking at the toys, you can see that King Pyramider is made to neatly house OhrangerRobo and Red Puncher, but not so much OhBlocker even though there is a King Pyramider Battle Formation with it.

Ohranger already had Gunmajin as the Ninjaman-esque character, and yet unlike Ninjaman he didn't make many appearances, less so in mecha fights. Why didn't they use Gunmajin as the "extra robo" substitute a la Kakuranger instead of throwing in yet more mechas? Was it solely to boost toy sales for a unsuccessful show? Especially OhBlocker (robots with shapes for bodies?), they seemed to be either last-minute or previously scrapped creations to attract viewers.

Nice post!!
Pretty sure OhBlocker and TackleBoy are the result of Toei wanting to expand the Ohranger line at the last minute, to take advantage of how ridiculously well it was selling.

It stinks.
TackleBoy especially, seeing how it just appeared towards the end of the series with no explaination at all.

Eye See You
OhBlocker is one of my favs but It always felt odd to me that he debuted after the final battle formation of the other mecha.

At least the story was cleaned up for Zeo.

always henshining'
makes me wonder why they dont pull this crap more often , lol.

Now Demonic
They do. Have you seen how many add ons the GokaiOh has but never uses?

always henshining'
he used all of them , and it is the average number of mech. i am talking about introducing last-minute robots for an extra penny.

Eye See You
If anything they could have worked with OhBlocker, but I felt Tackleboy & Ganmanjin were the unnecessary additions.