What was the most addictive game you've played?

Every one of us had at least one game that he couldn't stop playing. In my case, it was DotA (and some others, like Mu Online). I was sleeping less than 5 hours/night so I had enough time to play
laugh.gif
Well, those days are over. So what was the most addictive game you've played and how many hours/day did you play?

Lazy.
I honestly can't get into DotA, though I can see how it's addicting and considering how long each game is.

Although I prefer not to admit it, for me the most addicting game was Maple Story. Maybe I was just too young with a ton of free time, but I probably played everyday, spending 2~7 hours grinding to the point where it was pretty much more a job than enjoyment. MMOs are pretty addicting in general, aren't they?

RedBeanBun, I was the same way! Haha. In elementary school, MapleStory was the most addictive game in the world to me. Although, regardless, the Pokemon games have and always will be the most addictive games I ever play! I play day and night, non-stop. Although, DoTA isn't really my style of game play. MMOs are indeed pretty addicting in general if there are enough objectives to complete that aren't too redundant. Otherwise, grinding for EXP points or completing quests that seem all-too-similar can become very boring, very quickly.

Last edited:
It's very hard to gauge which game is the most addicting for me. I've played a lot of addictive games like the NBA 2K series and Tekken and Super Smash Bros. If I'd have to choose one, I'd have to say that Tekken is probably the most addictive of the bunch. I play Tekken in my home consoles and at the arcades. It's fun to master the different moves and combos of the numerous characters in the game.

I've played a lot of DotA in the past too but it doesn't call out to me like Tekken does.

Most addictive game I've ever played is Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It was so much fun playing with my siblings and I can't wait to play the new one.

For me it would have to be Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. I spent a whole summer vacation playing that game probably 10-14 hours a day. It was just incredibly immersive and interesting and there were always a thousand more things to do. Looking back on it now I must say I don't think I regret a single second that I spent playing it. :)

The Harvest Moon games also manage to hook me big time whenever I get a new one.

I have a bad habit of getting immersed into every game I play for hours on end with only brief stops for life functions in the past. :p

Games such as Final Fantasy, Ace Attorney, L4D, Civilization V etc took up a lot of my time.

But I think the game which I've put in the most hours so far would be League of Legends. Hahaha

When i was a kid i played pokemon all day every day. I used to sneak my Nintendo to bed so i could continue playing. Nowadays i play league of legends all day. and im also trying to get into the new tropico 5

I'm gonna have to say World of Warcraft. But for me it wasn't only the game itself that kept me playing, as much as the people I played it with.

I suspect I wouldn't of played for 7 long years if I wasn't part of some community or another. So much so, that when all my friends quit the game I had almost nothing else to play it for.

Oh man, the most addictive game I've played is The Sims lol. I'm very much looking forward to the new one coming out in September! Besides that, I think I was also ridiculously addicted to Dragon Age Origins. I think I played through all of the possible stories except for the Dwarf, and I played them all to the end. I never played the 2nd one and am hesitantly optimistic about the new one coming out.