Okay, so I own the first ultraman series on dvd and have watched the first 8 or 9 episodes. It was a while back but I really enjoyed them i plan to re watch those episodes and finish the show sometime this month (after i finish watching kamen rider faiz) I don't know where to go from there. I don't know much about ultraman. I want to watch an ultra series but I have no idea what to watch. I loved the episodes of the original I have watched. I loved the super campy science aspects of the show.

If it helps out my favorite era of Godzilla is the Showa era (king kong vs Godzilla and Invasion of the astro monster are my favorite showa movies) but I also really enjoy the hesei Godzilla Movies. The millennium movies are good but lack the charm that the showa movies have to me. Also the sentais i have watched are jetman, zyuranger, dairanger, dekaranger shinkenger and gokaiger. And the kamen riders I've watched are Black, Black rx, Kuuga, Agito, and Ryuki. I liked all of those shows i have watched.

I am open to any suggestion, but The show needs to be subbed for me to watch it, and i don't mind buying the show if its a decent release and I don't have to pay ridiculous amounts for it haha, any suggestions would be appreciated!

tl;dr- Give me an ulraman to watch after I finish the first one

Kamen Rider Beserker
really all of the ultra series are enjoyable one way or another if you like darker series then you should check out next and nexus, you can get next on dvd if you look hard enough and tv-nihon has subbed all of nexus but if you are looking more old school ultra then you should look at getting ultraseven which bar one episode is completely subbed and on dvd (see amazon) you can also get bootleg dvds (pm me if you want to know where) of tiga, ultraman towards the future aka ultraman great and ultraman usa aka ultraman powered which stared kane kosugi a year before he stared in kakuranger.

Moebius, while being a 40th anniversary party on the lines of (but far better than) Decade and Gokaiger, is a good introduction to Showa Ultraman in general.

For fully subbed shows, try Tiga or Nexus. Even Neos isn't bad: it's only 12 episodes so it's quick to get through, though the other two are better.

If you want to brave raws though, try out Gaia. I'd rank it among the best along with Nexus.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
For basic mystery and fantasy go with Ultraman Jack, Ace, or 80. For over the top showa camp go with Taro. For martial arts heavy influence go with Leo. Powered and Great can be viewed for camp and short factor; Neos is solid and has the latter. Tiga and Nexus are the best in terms of story. For heisei balance of serious and silly go with Dyna or Gaia. For bizarre-ness go with Cosmos. Max and Mebius are good for franchise cliff notes and general tone of the franchise. For Ultraman Jonias you need a taste for 70s anime, but if you do you'll be seeing the best anime of that decade.

Yes it is.

Then that just might be the one to watch ahahah,

Does anyone know if ultra Q is good? I thought it was basically a toho monster movie every episode but the more I look into it it looks more like the twilight zone,is it good?

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Ultra Q is a Twilight Zone knockoff and without subs it is REALLY boring with a few interesting eps. I haven't seen Dark Fantasy or Neo yet so I can't comment on those. Ultraseven X is not much different outside of being shorter and Ultraseven being involved.

SLICE
Ultra Q does have subtitles though, but yeah it's very much in the vien of Twilight Zone.

UltraSeven X is a pretty faithful sequel to UltraSeven, though it's pretty varying in the themes and tones of the episodes. There's a small block of episodes that deal with love in different ways, there's a few episodes about being lost in the world, all with alien overtones. The problem is that it lacks the big grandiose UltraSeven fight scenes that the original would trot out every now and again, instead preferring to rely on Seven the Kill Master.