What stealth game are you down with?

Are you down with stealth games? I am. At first I wasn't all that down with them. But they eventually grew on me. The first stealth game that I played was Tenchu. Then I moved on to MGS and other stealth games like Hitman.

What stealth game am I down with the most? I like the mechanics of Metal Gear Solid the most. It's so fun and engaging. Imagine using cigs to see laser sensors? Hinding in a cardboard box? Genius. To top it off, the story is downright brilliant. I normally play a MGS game at least twice.

What stealth game are you down with?

Last edited:
My first full stealth game was the Tenchu series back on PS2 if I remember right, it was pretty fun sneaking around like a ninja and taking people out. Just sucks when you get found out and setting pending you were pretty much dead.

James bond and Perfect had a lot that current day FPS really lack.

I remember playing Metal Gear Solid on my friend's Nokia N-gage many years ago. LOL

We'd play for hours on end with the phone plugged in to a wall charger haha.

What about the Assassin's creed series? Can they be considered stealth games?

I remember playing Metal Gear Solid on my friend's Nokia N-gage many years ago. LOL

We'd play for hours on end with the phone plugged in to a wall charger haha.

What about the Assassin's creed series? Can they be considered stealth games?
Whoa, really? You could play Metal Gear Solid on the NGage? Is it exactly the same as the MGS game in the PS1?

I do think that the Assassin's Creed games could be considered stealth games because you need to stealthily kill your opponents. It's kinda like Tenchu.

I'm a huge fan of stealth games in general. Thief 2: The Metal Age is right up there for me in terms of my favorite games. Anybody not familiar with the old Thief games should definitely give this a try. It's an open source remake of the original Thief.

My favorite stealth game right now is Sir, You Are Being Hunted, which is a ridiculously British stealth survival game where you creep around a procedurally generated island made of British countryside and villages, scavenging food, weapons, ammo, trying to collect pieces of a teleporter to gtfo, and attempting to not get shot by extremely polite automatons. Extremely fun.

Last edited:
I know this might not be considered that much of a stealth game, but Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

That game is so fantastic: the world is immersive, the characters well thought and the story is brilliant! Also, the fact that you get multiple choices during the game contributes towards replayability.

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. It is extremely well-done and, as far as difficulty goes, it's taken me 12 hours to finish four missions. You have to really use stealth. Light, noise, distractions, it all counts. Enemies are REALLY smart and have no problem gunning you down.

No regenerating health. No picking up enemy weapons or even ammo. No backup. You are extremely limited and have to work with what you have. The realism is fantastic, and, as frustrated as I get, I love it. It's like nothing I've ever played. Plus, it was made by Ubisoft and you can feel a bit of "Assassin's Creed" in it (although this came out way before AC).