I'd rather Saban stick to Power Rangers and leave Digimon alone. I like Digimon but I don't like they way Saban dubbed it. I don't like how they replaced the original Japanese music with the shitty music from Masked Rider, it was unnessesary and inapropriate too.

Gotta admit the dub of Season 3 was loads better than the Japanese original. After hearing their whiny ass Japanese voices, I'd deal with horrible Masked Rider music any day over their horrible voices.

The only problem I've really had with Digimon was that they didn't put an effort to translate the Japanese music and localize it like Germany did. If they had just brought the raw Japanese music over , I'd be a pissed and frustrated kid not knowing what the hell the song even meant and thinking it was demonic gibberish; not that I think foreign languages are , but when Digimon came out here, I never heard Japanese before and it was just weird hearing it for the first time. I swear I heard "boiling lava" or baklava in the first 20 seconds first G Gundam opening due to said lack of knowledge of the language. Now , I wouldn't mind it but the children would just be frustrated as hell and be turned off ; this is why I like how FUNI handled Kenshin and Dragonball and their other anime. They localized it .

I'd definitely prefer FUNI to dub it in a perfect world so they'd dub the themes , maybe release uncut dubs (Reassemble the cast) and put the films' Japanese soundtracks back on there, albeit if it's with vocals translated.

If Saban brings it back , I hope they get some Nick band or an Alternative band (Foo Fighters? Linkin Park) to translate "Never Give Up!" and release as a single and as the show's theme, maybe later with an album of the series musical score.

Utraman should just be remade in general. Nothing released of recent times has ever came near the original series and in fact is just a complicated mess to the average American viewer and the same can be said for Kamen Rider. Both of those shows , if they are to become successful here, need to go to the basics with modernizations. That's why Samurai is doing so well is because it has went back to the older formula and has been this standalone season.

Banned
Gotta admit the dub of Season 3 was loads better than the Japanese original. After hearing their whiny ass Japanese voices, I'd deal with horrible Masked Rider music any day over their horrible voices.

The dub was in no way better. They censored some stuff, and the US voices were just awful. That is purely opinion though.

You saying "Whiny ass Japanese voices" though... That is just pushing the boundaries of things you should have thought about before putting them here. Think about how that sounds. Read it to yourself.

Utraman should just be remade in general. Nothing released of recent times has ever came near the original series and in fact is just a complicated mess to the average American viewer and the same can be said for Kamen Rider. Both of those shows , if they are to become successful here, need to go to the basics with modernizations. That's why Samurai is doing so well is because it has went back to the older formula and has been this standalone season.

Max, Mebius, etc etc. Are all amazing.

I'm sorry, but are you braindead or something?

The new Tendou Souji
this is why I like how FUNI handled Kenshin

I'm pretty sure Media Blasters dubbed RK, not Funi.

If Saban brings it back , I hope they get some Nick band or an Alternative band (Foo Fighters? Linkin Park) to translate "Never Give Up!" and release as a single and as the show's theme, maybe later with an album of the series musical score.

rei16.jpg

The dub was in no way better. They censored some stuff, and the US voices were just awful. That is purely opinion though.

I felt personally that the voices fit the characters more than the originals did. I grant you it was a bit censored, but that was the least censored season of them all ,because it was the last Saban season and thus the most like the Japanese version.

You saying "Whiny ass Japanese voices" though... That is just pushing the boundaries of things you should have thought about before putting them here. Think about how that sounds. Read it to yourself.

I know how that sounds , but the Japanese VAs for Tamers just plainly suck in my opinion. And don't me started about the Digimons' voices; I couldn't take the same scene seriously in the original Japanese versus the English version just because of the VAs. Sure the fact that their voices never changed was carried over to here, but the choice of the VAs in question was better here than there.

I did love the Japanese VAs over the Data Squad ones. Agumon sounded like a hobo-pedophile ,especially since the voice sounded exactly like Takato. If I didn't watch Savers first, I'd think Takato was turned into an Agumon after fleeing to the Digital World in his depression of not having the company of Guilmon , get turned into a Digimon over time and then got enslaved by Masaru. This problem goes to the fact that they should've changed up the VAs or try to get them do a different voice. This is where I prefer the subs over the dub.

Max, Mebius, etc etc. Are all amazing.

How old are they?

Well, I checked on Wiki and I'm confused. Did Nexus come to America or some English speaking country?

So, why haven't they made newer Ultramen in the past 2-3 years ? Did it tank? I remember hearing of a film coming out for it and seeing a few pics. Kinda pissed it hasn't come here.

I hope a company picks it up and performs a Sabanization of the series ,but keep the tone and feeling of the original if not the story or characters. If they were to adapt one ,I'd like Nexus or Cosmos to be the base and if Nexus is used , use the footage of the film ULTRAMAN as a film like Turbo albeit with American actors.

I guess my impression of Ultraman was shaped by the shitty ass dub from 4Kids. But , if they re-released the original here, I'd snatch it seeing as Ben 10 / Doctor Who had that sort of a writing style. And I'm not talking about AF and above as I avoid it.

I'm sorry, but are you braindead or something?

I'm sorry , but you really think the Japanese voices are good?

Sure a few things were cut from the original , but in comparison to DS and the first two seasons, it was actually the most uncut of the seasons. It's just a preference that's all . I wouldn't have minded if Tara Strong did Takato since she did Ben 10 but the voices are as they are. Plus with the voice actress from Zim and FLCL being Rika suits her. I lover Henry's Japanese voice.

I'm pretty sure Media Blasters dubbed RK, not Funi.
Huh?

Well they have bands in Japan do their music why not have a band equivalent of Sonar Pocket do the theme's localization? Unless they are bilingual and good at it I would rather have a Native or fluent English speaking singer so words aren't slurred.

Last edited: