I've recently started Kamen Rider after years of putting it off and I really love it. I've managed to finish W (where I started from), OOO and a great chunk of Fourze but I wanted to know what should I watch afterwards? Should I go back to Kuuga or progress to Wizard, Gaim and Drive?

What are you looking for to watch in them? It depends on your answer to that.

The pre-Den-O Kamen Riders have a very different feel to them. They usually had much darker themes.

If you just want to watch them all, it really doesn't matter, though I personally would start with Decade. It isn't perfect (It's enjoyable, but the story is really bad), but from there, you'll get a feel of the shows before it.

A lot of KR fans would also recommend the pre-Black Riders.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience.
No inconvenience at all. Welcome to the forum and welcome to the wonderful world of Kamen Rider. I hope you're really enjoying it. :thumbs:

If you like all the shows you have mentioned watching, you should be fairly safe with any of the three series previous to W (that's Den-O, Kiva and Decade) or just continuing on through the shows that came after Fourze (Wizard, Gaim and Drive).

The group of shows previous to that (Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki and Kabuto) are a little different. They have a more serious tone with much less comedy, there tends to be a lot more drama going on between humans, there's usually noticably less action per episode, and the Riders will get fewer gadgets/weapons/forms (although they are still present). If there's one that you particularly like the look of then by all means give it a go. Otherwise I'd suggest maybe wait until after you have seen at least a good chunk of Gaim, as that show mixes of the kind of stuff you've seen already with more of the attitude of these earlier series, and you'll have more of an idea whether you'll like the way they do things.

I probably wouldn't advise you to jump into the older "Showa" stuff just yet. I also started with newer shows like W and those older series are so different it can take quite some getting used to them, so leave that for now and enjoy some of the other stuff.

If you haven't already done so, consider checking out some other toku franchises like Super Sentai or Ultraman. I find if I'm watching a lot of these shows it helps mix things up a bit not to just stick with one franchise constantly.

Most importantly - have fun!

MV Maker
^ What they said.

Gaim is certainly a good psuedo-sample of what pre-W rider was like (honestly, I'd skip Wizard in favor of it, unless you're a completionist). Also, tread carefully if you watch Decade (it has some pretty serious spoilers for previous shows, ESPECIALLY Faiz).

If you're looking for a good place to start with the pre-Den-O shows, I'd recommend either Kabuto (a flawed, but pretty cool series, if not for everyone) or Kuuga (a fantastic show, but for reasons that can easily go over the casual viewer's head). After that, try Faiz or Agito. It really doesn't matter what order you watch them in.

If you do eventually get to the '70s and '80s shows, Black is a fantastic entry, but I STRONGLY recommend sampling an episode or two of something before it (like the few subbed episodes of Super-1, as an example of what rider was like at the time) to get the full effect (otherwise Black comes of as just average).

Lurker
I've recently started Kamen Rider after years of putting it off and I really love it. I've managed to finish W (where I started from), OOO and a great chunk of Fourze but I wanted to know what should I watch afterwards? Should I go back to Kuuga or progress to Wizard, Gaim and Drive?

i would say watch Gaim or Drive or even something like Kuuga. Wizard is good if your willing to sit through the whole thing. I loved Fourze and still do, it was a fun series to enjoy and I've rewatched it several times, way to fun!!!!!!

@Toku Prime Ah, thank you so much! I did want to start Super Sentai and Ultraman eventually. Are there places to start from and websites/pages to watch it on?

@SentaiRiderFan I originally started V3 first in the Showa era but stopped at episode 7 for W. After that I became so in love with W that I pressed forward and sped through OOO. I'll get back to it eventually and finish V3, Stronger and Black.

As for pre-W, I did want to start on Faiz but the first two episodes did confuse me a bit. I love the look of Faiz though =D

i would say watch Gaim or Drive or even something like Kuuga. Wizard is good if your willing to sit through the whole thing. I loved Fourze and still do, it was a fun series to enjoy and I've rewatched it several times, way to fun!!!!!!

I'm really enjoying Fourze at the moment. I'm 38 episodes in and nearing the end. =)
He may not be my favorite Rider but he's certainly up there. =D

@Toku Prime Ah, thank you so much! I did want to start Super Sentai and Ultraman eventually. Are there places to start from and websites/pages to watch it on?

Well, if you live in America, you're in luck with Ultraman. Crunchyroll is currently streaming the Ultraman series that's airing in Japan right now, Ultraman X, as well as four older shows (Leo, 80, Max and Mebius). You can also watch Ultra Q and Ultraseven on Shout! Factory's official website, and you can watch the original Ultraman series on Hulu. Aside from that, the only other Ultra shows that have been completely fansubbed are Ultraman Tiga, Ultraman Neos, Ultraman Nexus, both seasons of Ultra Galaxy and the first season of Ultraman Ginga. There are also sites where you can find the Australian Ultraman series, Ultraman: Towards the Future, and the American Ultraman series, Ultraman: The Ultimate Hero.

As for Super Sentai, you can't find any streaming online legally (yet), but the aforementioned Shout! Factory released Kyoryuu Sentai Zyuranger on DVD earlier this year and they just announced they have the rights to the follow-up series, Gosei Sentai Dairanger. It wouldn't surprise me if they put up those shows on their website in the future, depending on if Toei gave them streaming rights. As for the rest of the franchise, there are a ton of Super Sentai that have been fansubbed in their entirety (roughly 25 of them at least), and you can find those fansubs very easily if you just do a search for whichever Sentai piques your interest.