It's Judgement Time!
The Topic

Suggest 10 PR episodes from any season that you think Bruce should watch. If you want, you can also explain why you think he should watch the episode you suggested. That might be helpful as well. Try to keep it at 10 episodes though.

The Point

Some of us strongly feel Bruce Kalish (current producer and newbie to the Power Rangers franchise) should watch other seasons of Power Rangers. I think it's just a bit fanboyish, if not insane, to expect a man to watch over 500 episodes of past.

It's more reasonable to ask the man to watch a select few of fan favorite episodes that get the point across about the best of PR and what PR can be and how Bruce could improve rather than suggest he just watch an entire season or just more than 1 whole season of a past PR season.

Episodes to Avoid Suggesting

Teamups, Finales, Beginnings. Legacy of Power and Fighting Spirit. The last thing we want is to have Bruce watch team ups and past referance episodes making Bruce think that's what we want for a whole season. First episodes and Final episodes arent something that should be suggested either. They are always very good anyway. So I think it would be pointless to suggest them.

I think we should focus on suggesting episodes that are story driven, personal favorites, and just good examples of what PR can be.

You shouldnt avoid episodes that feature Sentai. Dont be biased against Sentai Footage in this case since PR's mission is to use as much sentai footage as possible to reduce production costs. That is the fact of life at this point. So dont start suggesting episodes under the pressure or assumption that you need to only suggest episodes that are American/NZ footage heavy. If you want to, go ahead. But do it because you want Bruce to see that episode. Not because you have delusions that Bruce should remove as much Sentai footage as possible.

My Suggestions

Im not good at this. But I felt this would be a far better productive method of asking Bruce to watch older seasons than just to say "watch it all Bruce! omg!". Episodes I feel Bruce should watch, though. Here's my list! Please post your own! Who knows! Maybe Bruce will stumble across this thread and seriously consider some of your suggestions and watch those episodes. Keep in mind what I explained above, for suggestions.

(In no particular order. Just as I think of them)
01) Power Rangers WildForce - Masters Last Stand
02) Power Rangers WildForce - Masters Herald (2 parter)
03) Power Rangers WildForce - Monitoring Earth
04) Power Rangers Ninja Storm - Samurai's Journey Part 2
05) Power Rangers TimeForce - Jens Revenge
06) Power Rangers TimeForce - Frax's Fury
07) Power Rangers TimeForce - Dawn of Destiny
08) Power Rangers TimeForce - Destiny Defeated
09) Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue - Wrath of the Queen
10) Power Rangers Lost Galaxy - Heir to the Throne.

WIIIIIIIIIIII!
I'll pick one from every season I've watched.

Dino Thunder - Leader of the Whack/Test of Trust (I think Test of Trust is the one I'm thinking of.)
Ninja Storm - A Samurai's Journey, pt. 2
Really, I would suggest the NS/DT team up as well, since it's one of the most well-written things in that category I've ever seen.
Zeo - The Gold Ranger saga just for how to tease us with a ranger's identity, but if I had to pick one it'd be Instruments of Destruction.
MMPR S3 - Ninja Quest. I can't think of anything from there I enjoyed as much.
MMPR S2 - Maybe White Light, I guess. There's not a lot of awesome stand alone in this season.
MMPR S1 - The one near the end of the season with the two-headed chicken. Surprisingly good writing.

Eye See You
Why does he need to watch past episodes? Jackie Marchand and Koichi Sakamoto are there to guide Kalish in the "PR direction". I just don't see what all the fuss is about the dude not catching the old stuff.

Great Sage-Equal of Heaven
In no paticular order

PR Lightspeed Rescue - Strength of the Sun
PR Lightspeed Rescue - A Face From The Past
PR In Space - Silence is Golden
PR Zeo - King for a Day
PR Zeo - Mr Billy's Wild Ride
PR Ninja Storm - A Samurai's Journey (One of the few eps I liked)
PR Time Force - Destiny Defeated

It's Judgement Time!
Forever Knight said:
Why does he need to watch past episodes? Jackie Marchand and Koichi Sakamoto are there to guide Kalish in the "PR direction". I just don't see what all the fuss is about the dude not catching the old stuff.

THANK You! Holy **** thank you. Thats what I been saying but see, what Im doing is a Compromise. Im saying IF he were to check any episodes, the ones I suggested are what I think he should watch. So its a what if thread. If Bruce WAS going to watch past PR eps, which ones do you think he should check out over others?

I don't have low self esteem.
1 - Day of the Dumpster (Pilot or Official)
2 - Green With Evil - Part 1
3 - Green With Evil - Part 2
4 - Green With Evil - Part 3
5 - Green With Evil - Part 4
6 - Green With Evil - Part 5
7 - The Mutiny - Part 1
8 - The Mutiny - Part 2
9 - The Mutiny - Part 3
10 - Anything as long as it's MMPR :laugh:

Lurker
He needs to learn how to manage a budget first for we don't get any more ball of light/sam characters.

Lurker
Forever Knight said:
I feel the exact same way dude....