What kind of setting do do you want Final Fantasy XVI to have?

I,II,III,IV,V and IX have a medieval inspired world. You know the eras where most countries are ruled by Kingdoms and empires and There are Knights and Dragons. You will notice people from these games look like they are from the medieval period and dark ages. Their cultures are mostly European inspired except from some Ninjas and other Asian inspired cultures. IX have some steampunk elements too.

VI,VII,VIII,X,XIII, have futuristic looking worlds. I will say these games have cyberpunk inspiration. They are like a space opera like Star wars.They have technologies beyond our imagination and they have a very unique fashion sense.

XV is kind of futuristic world but the fashion and technologies are more relatable to the 2010's. Their costumes are wearable in real life.

What kind of setting do you want XVI to have?

Administrator
Staff member
I want a 1980's inspired world. Just imagine the hair and nostalgia. 1980's inspired stuff are popular these days. Look at the popular Netflix shows like Stranger things and Glow. I also want to see a steam punk world. Final Fantasy 9 is a mixture of steam punk and medieval. I want a full pledge steam punk one.

I want the game to be medieval again. I like the to see Kings, Queens, Knights and ancient technologies. It will bring back a lot of the old school fans if you think about it.

How about a game set on earth! Final Fantasy games are obviously set on foreign planets from a Universe far away. I want the setting to be on Earth. Maybe make it set in the 90's. So how will it be a fantasy game? Aliens or Mythological creatures will be involved.

@Freeda but we don't have chocobos in real earth. Maybe the protagonist is from Earth and he or she will be transported to a different world like the Anime Vision of Escaflowne.

Administrator
Staff member
I want to see a protagonist who doesn't look Asian nor white! I want to see Final Fantasy's very first black main character! It will be a great break from Blue eyed Asians.

Or I want an option to select protagonist from all Party members, that is an option for Final Fantasy 6 and Terra is the main character but if you don't like her you can choose other characters as party leader.

I want something present day with technologies similar to our current technologies. Nothing futuristic or medieval but lots of magic.