General Discussion What keeps you going?

I think travelling is the best thing a person or a couple can do, it's great to know new places and people and that stays in our memory (and pictures :)) forever. After having kids it is not so easy...

I can imagine :) To be honest I still don't know what the future will bring or if I'll ever get married to this guy, but I really want to have a lot fun during this trip and leave my problems at home.. at least for a full month :)

Not a lot keeps me going. I have wanted to give up SO many times, and just not be alive or be here. Not many things keep me going.

The only thing that really keeps me going is my body. It has not broken down and died yet lol.

But as far as life goes, the only thing that keeps me going is my friends, family and the internet. I love to read, make music, and just be creative in any way that I can. I feel most alive when I am doing things that call creativity from me.

Not much else keeps me going.

I'm sorry to hear that, and to be honest I totally relate to the way you're feeling. The last 2 years have been a true hell for me (I've been very sick for the past 2 years). I try to cheer up constantly by deluding myself believing things will be the same way they were soon... Truth is... I doubt my life will ever go back to normal, and I feel forced to go on and keep trying only for my family. They keep me going!

Not everything is so bad tho :) I've a cool boyfriend, but I really don't like to trust my heart or feelings to men anymore (being quite honest here). So I'm very cautious now.

Best of luck :) It sounds to me like you suffer from depression :( I can do nothing but wish you the best of luck!

Dreek, friends and family are great reasons to keep going, it's more than many what you have. And you also have internet! What else do you need? :p

I believe Dreek suffers from depression (I do as well), when you suffer from this you just can't see things so clearly. But you are so right, there are so many good things that keep me going as well... the internet helps a lot, because I can express myself in ways I'd never be able to offline.

I can imagine :) To be honest I still don't know what the future will bring or if I'll ever get married to this guy, but I really want to have a lot fun during this trip and leave my problems at home.. at least for a full month :)

I think travelling is one of the best parts of life. I have no regrets in having my kids, but if I knew what I know now possibly I would have considered having them a little later and enjoy life a little more.

I believe Dreek suffers from depression (I do as well), when you suffer from this you just can't see things so clearly. But you are so right, there are so many good things that keep me going as well... the internet helps a lot, because I can express myself in ways I'd never be able to offline.

The more time you are depressed the harder it is to come out of depression no? So try to get out of it, find an activity you enjoy doing, something that flame up your life, no?

Currently going to uni. Started yesterday and i'm really poorly, but it's keeping me going by having a schedule I suppose!

The more time you are depressed the harder it is to come out of depression no? So try to get out of it, find an activity you enjoy doing, something that flame up your life, no?

It's not that easy :p Believe me, the people who suffer from depression can't stop being depressed just like that. My depression is linked to something physical (I've been very sick for 2 years), so I might be happy if things get better. I don't really feel depressed per se, but I do know what Dreek is going tru. Depression doesn't necessarily mean you spend all the day crying and locked in a room, a serious depression (chronic) usually makes the person in question hopeless and that's a really scary road.

Currently going to uni. Started yesterday and i'm really poorly, but it's keeping me going by having a schedule I suppose!

I wish you the best of luck, when I started going to uni things weren't going so well. The best you can do is to do everything you can and stay focused. My friend and i loved to play an online game, but we had to stop playing it, so we had no distractions!

I think travelling is one of the best parts of life. I have no regrets in having my kids, but if I knew what I know now possibly I would have considered having them a little later and enjoy life a little more.

I know what you mean :) I don't think I'll ever regret my children (if I ever have them), but right now I'd like to enjoy life a bit more. I guess your life does change a lot when kids arrive, I'll not now how much until mine arrive... :p

It's not that easy :p Believe me, the people who suffer from depression can't stop being depressed just like that. My depression is linked to something physical (I've been very sick for 2 years), so I might be happy if things get better. I don't really feel depressed per se, but I do know what Dreek is going tru. Depression doesn't necessarily mean you spend all the day crying and locked in a room, a serious depression (chronic) usually makes the person in question hopeless and that's a really scary road.

Fortunately for me I don't fully understand what you say because I have never been seriously depressed. Wouldn't help you set small goals that might improve the way you feel after achieving them and build up from there?