I liked him when he wasn't a god
I'm surprised that no one's stated they're voting for Pink, but she's still "winning" the poll. Do people just feel they don't have to justify it or something? I like her. :(

I think they're afraid of Kivat :sweat:

Welcome
Gokai Pink will probably be more popular soon.She's just too nice and plain.But once she gets her own episode, she will have a bigger fanbase.
I voted for Joe though.

Nice post!!
Well, if you consider the Gokaiger cast purely as Super Sentai archetypes, Pink is by far the least interesting on paper. She's basically the same girly-girl that White Swan was 20 years ago and has yet to break out of that mold.

That said, White Swan is one of my all-time favorite rangers? I really like the take on the girly-girl ranger where she has girly mannerisms but has to do a lot non-girly heroic stuff because no one else can. So Pink is okay by me.

I suspect a lot of Gokai Yellow's popularity is that if you view her purely in light of Super Sentai archetypes, she's the most original and ground-breaking take on the tomboy Yellow archetype we've seen in awhile.

Now... that goes back to Nami in One Piece being a really ground-breaking character even by shounen manga standards. Sadly, shounen manga women are usually miles ahead of Super Sentai women in terms of characterization.

If you dump a character exactly like Nami into a Super Sentai team then, yeah, she's going to come off super-awesome. I could really get into Luka if she'd just do something that Nami wouldn't and restore my suspension of disbelief.

二番目の翻訳者
Gokai Pink will probably be more popular soon.She's just too nice and plain.But once she gets her own episode, she will have a bigger fanbase.

Perhaps. I sorta like her because I feel like her personality feels distinct even when it's not her focus episode, which I can't really say for the others from what I've seen so far.

Some kind of Beast mode
Perhaps. I sorta like her because I feel like her personality feels distinct even when it's not her focus episode, which I can't really say for the others from what I've seen so far.

I agree with this, which (to me) leads to her being the best actor there. Plus she reminds me of White Swan which I love. Just not as Super Sensitive.

Super Moderator
Looking at the poll, I really don't get the hate for pink at all. If there are any potentially grating characters I'd say it's a contest between blue, green, and yellow.

BUT having said that my sense of it at this point is that these are the characters that might have the most growing towards being true Sentai heroes to do over the course of the story while Pink obviously seems to be a gentle kind of person and Marvelous is a rouge but deep down doesn't like standing by and watching people suffer.