Administrator
Staff member
Final Fantasy X

Suteki Da Ne is the first Final Fantasy themesong that is only released in Japanese. Melodies of life have 2 versions on released while the themesong of Final Fantasy X is only recorded in Japanese during the release of Final Fantasy Ten.
I think this song really hits the spot when it comes to the love story between Yuna and Tidus. Yuna is an existing person while Tidus is just a dream of an Imagination.

This is the first version, It was sang by Rikki

Rikki also released another version of the song for her Album:

On recent years different versions of the song had been officially released.

Square Enix released an English version by Linda Calloway:

Korean Singer Lee Soo Young released a Korean version.

ky_cOOhhmFw
Personally I loved the autumn version.

Administrator
Staff member
The English version is cringe inducing because Linda Calloway have pronunciation issues with the single Japanese line. She pronounces Suteki Da Ne as Zoo day key duh neigh. They should have trained her to pronounce that single Japanese term better or they could have fully translated the song into English. Suteki Da Ne means "Isn't it wonderful"

I don't know why but I really loved the Japanese version by Rikki, maybe it because it was so genuine.

I did not really know all of that about the English version but I do know I did not really like it. It is kind of nice to know more of the reason behind that now though.

I did not really know all of that about the English version but I do know I did not really like it. It is kind of nice to know more of the reason behind that now though.
I hate the way they always translate. No offence. I feel it has no umph.

Hey hey hey, To be fair with the English version, At least it some originality because the Korean version was a lazy rehash. It didn't even have it's own arrangement. It used the instrumentals of the Japanese.