Henshin a Go-Go!!
I think being completely forgotten/ignored is even worse for a show than being hated. :laugh:

I had to google "Dynaman" to remember what this show was about. The suites were hideous.

That's what I'm saying, to truly be the worst season, I feel it has to be the one that didn't leave the most negative taste in your mouth, but the most forgettable. Say what you will about X series I have heard good things and negative things about damn near every sentai. I don't think i've ever heard anyone actually talk about anything even vaguely notable about dynaman, other then they were originally going to be baseball themed.

Would like to change his avatar
While people are pretty vocal about Goseiger and Go-Onger I feel like Dynaman is on the opposite spectrum where no one has anything to say about it. No one seems to give a damn about that series. No one ever mentions any standout characters, moments, or really anything from it.

Nobody in the English speaking fandom talks much about ANY of the early '80s Sentai shows, other than maybe Sunborekan. (Like, Denjiman's a pretty fun show, yet I don't think there's been a single discussion about that show anywhere, it's like that show might as well not exist.)

I really like Dynaman, though. It's a cool show, it has great action, it's the first Sentai that tries to give the villains more material; people generally like Dyna Black, the villain Dark Knight, and Yutaka Izubuchi's designs. The show seems tainted to some thanks to that bad Canadian parody dub, though.

Lurker
While people are pretty vocal about Goseiger and Go-Onger I feel like Dynaman is on the opposite spectrum where no one has anything to say about it. No one seems to give a damn about that series. No one ever mentions any standout characters, moments, or really anything from it.

I happen to agree, though Jun'ichi Haruta (Goggle Black & Dyna Black) & Sayoko Hagiwara (Dyna Pink) were definitely the highlights of that series.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Maybe that Captain Shark guy could take on the 80s Sentai stuff so some opinion forms from them, but he's so lazy he hasn't started on Battle Fever J yet, what a twerp. Wait a sec....

Lurker
Well to me, Timeranger is the "worst" I've watched so far. Lila is extremely, terribly annoying. For example, she keeps going out to commit crimes as if the world belongs to her, and nobody does anything to really stop her. It's like in those Taiwanese dramas my parents like to watch, where the villains will keep doing what they like without any retributions, and jeering at the good guys all the time.

The Extraordinary Fan(boy)
I have to say that unlike most people, I actually really liked Go-Busters. I honestly liked the darker feel to it and was gripped by the story. And I personally thought the plot twists were really good. I am actually extremely surprised most people didn't like it

You are not alone, plenty of people (like myself) really do love Go-Busters, but as usual, the haters tend to be the most vocals in a fandom.

That said, i think the only real problem with Go-Busters (which led to the show being retooled half way through), is that the show was so unique that it deviated too much from what Super Sentai is supposed to be, which is why most japanese fans turned against it.

Personally, i think Go-Buster would have been far more succesful if it had been called Tomica Hero Rescue Busters.

Nobody in the English speaking fandom talks much about ANY of the early '80s Sentai shows, other than maybe Sunborekan. (Like, Denjiman's a pretty fun show, yet I don't think there's been a single discussion about that show anywhere, it's like that show might as well not exist.)
There aren't that many bilingual people amongst the fandom, so for the most part if it hasn't been subbed then English-speaking fans haven't seen it and have very little knowledge about what goes on in it.

I don't know if it's the "worst" in any specific regard, but I just can't generate any enthusiasm for Bioman. I found things to enjoy about just about every other Sentai season I've seen, even the oft-disliked ones like Goseiger or Go-Onger, but Bioman is one of those shows where I download the latest episode and it just sits in my "unwatched" folder until I get sick of seeing it there and sit through a joyless 20 minutes. I'm still holding out in case Bio Hunter Silva's debut suddenly enlivens the show, but so far the show just washes over me like water, and I can never remember what's happened so far or even any of the characters' names.

Alright I am going to bump this topic as someone that has seen the first nine sentai shows. Hands down it is Sun Vulcan because:

-The first red ranger got literally no centric episodes to himself
-Because of this his replacement hogs up screen time the entire second half to the point where the other rangers don't get anything
-The sole female protagonist and sentai commander do virtually next to nothing after the first quarter of the series
-The villains have no motivation whatsoever to attack Japan
-Said villains are mundane and the big bad literally does not even bother showing up most of the series
-Double points for one villain being a carryover from the previous series

No other sentai series has problems this bad. Sure, Gorenger went on too long, JAKQ had severe mood whiplash (not as bad as Kamen Rider Blade and W, but still), Battle Fever J only gave one centric episode to their first female character, Denziman lacked much depth, Goggle V had useless side characters, Dynaman had horrible team member balance, Bioman had writing issues, and Changeman.... Actually I have yet to find a proper complaint with that series since I'm only a third in. My point is, as bad as these issues are, SV trumps them all. I don't hate SV or anything, I think it is okay, but every other series I can call at least good.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

Sun Vulcan had on of the best finales of the classic Sentai and commander was just badass.
Overally it's like Denziman 2.0. with lots of improvments.

While I agree on the finale and commander, I couldn't disagree more with the Denziman comparison. May I ask what aspects were improved?