What if the final issue of the walking dead is all rick grimes coma to the afterlife.

I know it's unrelated to the henshin heroes thing,But i just thought about the ending in the walking dead comic series ( that zombie comic book series ) or as i consider what might be a twist ending,What if in the final issue that rick grimes fight the whole zombies alone (now that everyone is dead that means he is the last survivor now) and then he realizes now ,That everything is not real,and then the zombies were all gone only a mystical angel comes in front of him telling him that his whole experience is nothing more than a limbo experience during his coma (as in the beginning of the first issue because of a bullet hitting on his head ) and that his fighting the whole zombie invasion (that it is revealed that he must have had a love for zombies genre films) and protecting the innocents was just a test to see if he never gives up and fall into despair and also has the courage to move on to the afterlife which he passed ,rick then asked the angel what will happen to his beloved ones now that they are really alive in the real world while he is dead,the angel sadly tells rick he will not return to them but they will remember his love to them ,Rick is slightly crying with tears in his eyes Because all along he is dead that he will never see his family and friends ever again but he lets it go ,fights his tears and is ready to "move on",The angel then brings out the horse and lets him ride it (just like in the first issue) to the sunset (which is a reflection to the the western movie's ending and also a gateway to the afterlife) which rick begins to smile while heading towards the sunset the panels then fade to white and then we see rick in his bed peacefully dying in his hospital room (similar to the page in which rick wakes up from his coma in the first issue but only this time in the final issue he is really dead) and then it ends with the doctor (off panel)sadly tell ricks grieving family that he is dead .Or in a happy ending the ending will be the same but the angel says that the zombies that rick fights were just the forces that want him to die,and since rick has eliminate them all by courage and determination he is ready to live again and face his coma aftermath and then it ends with rick waking up from his coma in the real world and sees his family (who are really alive) and are reliefed with tears of joy and rick who also has tears of joy hugs them.I say this" its all a dream "ending to the possible final issue,because the first issue starts with rick shot in the first issue and i thought it will end with a thing "its all a dream" thing.

Last edited:
Honestly this is never going to happen unless Kirkman plans on leaving comics afterward. People like to believe that the stories they are reading and investing (emotionally and financially) matter and at the last minute to have the writer void that just pisses people off. The one time I think they actually did that to most people's approval was with the ending to Newhart, which honestly only worked due to the popularity of The Bob Newhart Show. If they did that to any other show with any other lead it would have probably sunk like a sack of lead bricks.

Yo Soy Henshin!
No offense, but if you want an honest opinion, that ending is absolutely horrible. Any ending with someone waking up and having everything that happened just be a dream is just plain bad and lazy writing. It just shows the author couldn't come up with a real conclusion for everything so they just cancel out the entire story.

No offense, but if you want an honest opinion, that ending is absolutely horrible. Any ending with someone waking up and having everything that happened just be a dream is just plain bad and lazy writing. It just shows the author couldn't come up with a real conclusion for everything so they just cancel out the entire story.
Yeah but what about the limbo ending part its similar to the lost series finale where it turns out that the flash sideways is just a limbo state,that will do for the ending of the walking dad if its there where it is all ricks limbo dream that will lead him to the afterlife i guess ill use that emotional ending after all