PARTY HARD
I couldn't think up of a better title. Man, I'm getting rusty...if it makes sense with the topic at hand, please let me know. lol

There are a few reasons why we watch anime, and sometimes specifically certain anime. Same can be said for why we read or are addicted to certain manga. Why do you guys watch a certain anime or read a certain manga? What qualities do they have that are different from other anime/manga?

For me, I've started watching K-ON! after much convincing by my drummer. I'm only 3 episodes in, but I'm very into it because of the type of music (I don't normally listen to female singers for some reason, maybe because they're an octave higher than my voice, so their songs are harder to sing), especially the first ending, "Don't Say Lazy!", and definately Yui Hirasawa (she's so fucking adorable!)

Because of the ending, I'm very hooked on the series. There's a difference between just listening to it and actually seeing it. Listening to it, you just have an MP3. That's it. But seeing it, the ending sequence is very intricate, and I seem to like its use of animation very much.

Read my smart post
When i'm bored...I separate the real world and anime world

ORE, SANJOU!!!
I watch anime coz I like seeing drawings come to life. :anime:

I can't exactly explain why I'm attracted to a certain anime.
let's see...
I like Yuu Watase's works. especially the lovey-dovey scenes. and the "rough" scenes.
I also like anime/manga with a lot of blood and violence in it.
hmm... oh and stories that make me think. like bloody monday and detective conan. :buttrock:
also, stories that make me laugh.

sometimes, I just watch/read anime/manga coz it has a live action that has my favorite japanese actors and actresses in it. :anime: or vice versa. :laugh:

and... I also look at the drawings.
sometimes, I get tips on how to draw certain angles by watching anime.

These days, I don't watch too many anime.

I start with anime that is relevant to my tastes. Anime that is inspired by toku or based on things I all ready loved. That's why I am a fan of Sonic X and Powerpuff Girls Z. I also liked animes like Karas and Busou Renkin, but Busou is better in its Japanese dub (When the English Voice Actors don't know how to emote or REALLY drive their lines in, then it can be annoying).

I also try to keep up with that's popular and relevant, but half the time those kind of animes annoy me to high heaven. I grew up on Dragonball, so seeing how far it has come in the states never gets tiring to hear about. I use to watch Sailor Moon, and I still think Funimation should grab the rights and release it uncut (Maybe then we can also get the live action show in the states). And sometimes other shows, like Code Geass, One Piece, or a number of Gundam series will capture my attention. But shows like Naruto and Bleach just too annoying for my tastes. I guess it all depends on the writing and the mix the stories have.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that there are also things that can drive me away from anime besides bad or repetitive story telling. The over usage of blood and gore, the over usage of things like ecchi and panty shots and maybe even nudity, massive and senseless murders, a complete lack of story, or a story too confusing and technical to follow. I kind of like my animes to be followable, to mean something, and to be fun. I also am not a fan of animes that tell stories from the perspective of the the villains. I am a hero supporter through and through! I am sure there are other factors I am forgetting about, but I think that should be enough for now.

Last edited:
Read my smart post
You know, I can't tell if that's sarcasm or you being stupid....

I'm being honest...why would anyone want to be dependent on a TV show? At best, TV shows should help the person escape the stress of the real world and help them feel different emotions (happiness, anger, sadness, etc)

Continuing the Creddie legacy
Well since I limit my anime watching to Mecha and Mahou Shojo series, the designs, the action and the OP songs are what i'm after in these shows.

School Days
I never knew why I like watching anime. It just clicks with me for some reason:anime:

It's like, from the moment I first watched Pokemon in 3rd grade, I was like "I gotta watch more cartoons like this!"

What is love? Baby don't hurt me
me lieks K-ON! too. and also Angel Beats.

what makes me watch anime is that i find myself in some anime. like Ritsu in K-ON!, where she's the band leader and also noisy, same as me. as for Angel Beats, im more of the Otonashi Yuzuru type, where i like to help people.