If they continue with this slow pace of release, I find it hard to believe we'll be alive to see Final Fantasy XXX. But it's still fun to speculate what they plan to do to work around the XXX title sounding erotic.

Hmm, don't be too surprised if that happens but I'm sure none of us might still be around to find out if that's going to happen or not. There is no way of telling the future, unless we going to consult seers to look into the future and know what to expect.
Yes but we are assuming any company would survive that many years. Usually that does not happen. Things change and who knows they may even drop the series after some time and go for new type of games.

Yes but we are assuming any company would survive that many years. Usually that does not happen. Things change and who knows they may even drop the series after some time and go for new type of games.

Yeah, there is a possibility in that happening but I would say it's on a slim chance on that actually going to happen because the FF game series have already pumped the company's bank account with a huge sum of money, so it would be an unwise decision to drop the game.

This is really something that I always think about the game of Final fantasy reaching to that point. However, there is no guarantee that we would he here when the game will reach final fantasy XXX, so instead of us thinking of what is going to happen by then, we should focus on enjoying the ones that we have at the moment.

They could just not use roman numerals this time, and just call it Final Fantasy 30- and that would look a lot better on the box or packaging. I would leave this to the advertisers or marketing experts to figure this one out- I am sure they will come up with something, with all that profit that they could make on this Final Fantasy game someday !

Yeah, there is a possibility in that happening but I would say it's on a slim chance on that actually going to happen because the FF game series have already pumped the company's bank account with a huge sum of money, so it would be an unwise decision to drop the game.
Yes and there seems to be different genre demand for games now. So surely things are not as same as they were before. So I'd say that final fantasy reaching ahead with same enthusiasm is a bit harder. And in future things may change. They may have to experiment with different stuff.

They could just not use roman numerals this time, and just call it Final Fantasy 30- and that would look a lot better on the box or packaging. I would leave this to the advertisers or marketing experts to figure this one out- I am sure they will come up with something, with all that profit that they could make on this Final Fantasy game someday !
Using regular numbers instead of the Roman numerals would be a great solution for avoiding the XXX. :D

I also agree that we should just leave it to their marketing experts to make their own solution before releasing the game when it reaches that number.

It would be like breaking their character though if they opt to use regular numbers instead of the classic Roman Numerals.

Using regular numbers instead of the Roman numerals would be a great solution for avoiding the XXX. :D

I also agree that we should just leave it to their marketing experts to make their own solution before releasing the game when it reaches that number.

It would be like breaking their character though if they opt to use regular numbers instead of the classic Roman Numerals.

Exactly, this is how I see it with naming the game. The use of Roman figures looks good but it can get challenging when it gets to a certain number.

Ordinary numerical numbers in 1,2,3..would have served better in my opinion.

Most likely the game will be nothing like we knew it. The mechanics will be totally different. I mean just look at 15, it plays nothing like a Final Fantasy Game. Most likely XXX will be a different genre of game we never saw before. The Fanbase will be totally divided.

Administrator
Staff member
The game might change genre then return to its roots. I just hope we won't end up having a first person final fantasy. I like being able to see the protagonist instead of being the protagonist. Not everyone wanted to play VR.