What Final Fantasy Games are on the Same Universe?

Administrator
Staff member
13 and 6 might be on the same Universe because Terra was mentioned to be an actress in Final Fantasy 13-2. Terra's world is more medieval looking than futuristic unlike Lightning's world though so she could be from the past.

I remember in many Final Fantasy community in the past, Someone said 7 and 10 are on the same universe but the events happens on different planets.

I think FF 7 universe would be interesting. The story with characters such as genesis, sepiroth and cloud was interesting. And it was indeed a good game for the same reason. I don't know but I find that as a good game in it's own way.

Administrator
Staff member
If 7 and 10 are from the same Universe as many fans speculate. I hope Yuna and company will meet Cloud and company someday. They are from different planets but Space Travel is existing in 7.

Now that I think about it I guess I can see VII and IX being the same universe but to be honest I am not sure I really paid all that much attention to it. Makes me wonder what clues and hints people are using.

Administrator
Staff member
This video shows the Theory 7 and 10 are from the same Universe:

This is Square's official announcement about it:

If the Final Fantasy 7 remake will be popular enough for a sequel, A crossover with 10 may happen.

13 and 6 are not only from the same universe but are also on the same planet. 6 is set in an older era canonically but Terra was an iconic actress during Lightning's time.

Yes, it's been confirmed by the producer, Yoshinori Kitase- that both Final Fantasy 7 and 10 take place in the same Universe- but both games take place separately from each other. Another theory debunked- was that Cloud and Tidus were related- but they are not(haha)!

Administrator
Staff member
I remember people making theories that Squall and Cloud are brothers but they are not because 7 and 8 are from different Universes.

9 is a re-imagining of 1 so some people assume it is the same universe but Warrior of light is not a midget in Dissidia while characters from 9 remained petite. Vivi from 9 looks exactly like the Blackmage from 1.

The world map of 1 and 9 is also the same.

Administrator
Staff member
13 and 15 might be on the same planet. 15 is originally titled 13 versus. I wont mind seeing a Noctis vs Lightning game someday.

I think to some extent there seems to be a lot of things in terms of graphics placement are common in 13 and 15. But not sure how the characters in same universe for both. I guess we have to find out if producers publish something.

I think that playing the games on same universe might be the demand of the players or it also depends upon how popular the game has been. I think that it is always a good flow to continue with the same universe to get a feel of playing it further.

If they change the universe, then, maybe players like me would feel that I am playing some other game. Sometimes, it might be boring seeing the same environment, however, I think, the creators of the game have a standard mindset and that makes them maintain the universe.